Valued Contributor

Re: More new Pyrex storage patterns!

I recently threw out all my yucky plastic containers and bought a set of Pyrex.  I need more though. Thanks for posting these patterns. I like them. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio........................Thanks Mom! lol

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Also check out the new Watercolor Blue pattern on the Pyrex website. Really some pretty pieces at very reasonable prices.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@MominohioThanks for sharing. Thought I was the only one still using Pyrex. I love glass. Won't buy the popular painted kitchenware. This is matches my existing pieces! 

I'm still using Pyrex too. Price and quality can't be beat.

I also picked up Fire King mixing bowls at WS. Made by Anchor Hocking in the USA.

Respected Contributor

I always thought the Cornflower Blue was such a happy pattern. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio- you just HAD to post about these didn’t you?  LOL. 

I’m ordering a few of the small bowls- spring fling, the bunnies, cornflower blue and the penguins. The penguins are for...gasp.....a Christmas gift. Yes, buying a Christmas gift in February. 

I’m also ordering the heart embossed pie plate. Now, I don’t actually make pies, but I’ll use it for something. I thought it was cute. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I really like the Cornflower clear bowls and trying so hard not to push the order button!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  @SandPiper  @Imaoldhippie - Upon placing my order, I realized the new pieces are NOT made in USA. What a disappointment. Decided I didn't want pieces made in China and cancelled my order. Went to ebay and found lots of perfectly good pieces of original Blue! Went we were married in 1969, we received larger items. Now that I'm alone for the first time I'm looking for smaller Blue items. You might check ebay for any items you also need; they have the original USA pieces which I prefer. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.