Trusted Contributor

Re: More cottage than coastal. Mark Sikes design

I love this space and think it's beautifully done.  I would describe it as "modern cottage".  It may seem like a lot of blue to some, but the kitchen area is small.  So, keeping the entire space all one color makes it appear larger and it isn't "chopped up" with another color.  I don't mind the wallpaper.  I think it compliments the space and blue color on the cabinets.  I might have picked a smaller or different print though.  The entire space is cheerful and inviting to me.  I wouldn't mind having this cottage!  Wish I could see more of this home.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty but I would need more cabinets rather than the shelves.

Super Contributor

3EF4D8B0-DBCF-4B86-AF99-A58B66BAF74C.jpeg

Not a fan of the range hood, the curtains, the table and chairs.  I think the open shelving would look better in stained wood...too much blue.  I actually do like this wallpaper.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday 

The kitchen is pretty.  The open shelves look nice but I'm not a fan due to the dusting.  The wallpaper I'd need to live with for a short while to see if it would grow on me.  Mostly, I can't stand the vent design over the stove & I think a nice contrast, maybe black metal would be nice to break up the walls of blue.  

Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I agree with many of the statements.

I do love the shade of blue and I would never put an oven or microwave so low you have to bend down pick up something hot.

Unless you have a wall oven you have to bend to pull something out.

Honored Contributor

If you love cottage and have a beach home....why not incorporate it into that home. I think they did a good job of that with this home.  I like it!

Honored Contributor

LOVE IT! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

To much blue. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Not feeling it. I am generally turned off by that kind of curly cue wood work.

@faeriemoon 

That, however, is indicative of cottage look, one of the reasons I thought this looks more cottage than coastal and also the wallpaper is a very cottage indicator.  

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the baby blue color, and there's too much of it. I don't like the wallpaper, range hood, polka dot stools, or open shelving either. Just not for me.