Honored Contributor

Re: More Black And White Checks

I am not impressed with the black and white decor although I must admit there is something appealing about the foot stool in the first photo.  I rarely have any black and white decor in my home and prefer colors that warm and enhance a room, just my taste.

Honored Contributor

These rooms are well done, but too neutral for me.

Respected Contributor

I love B&W, but I like it with accents, love it with yellow or (my favorite) red. We have a small half bath just off the family room, it is high gloss black 3" tile half way up the walls, white 1" white tile with black grout, B&W marble sink and the rest of the room is white. I used to have the room decor in Steeler Black and gold with vintage Steeler decor and photos. We had the interior of the house painted and I've taken down all those photos...figuring out what to do next. 

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

These black and white rooms are much nicer looking than the black & white bedroom from last week. JMO. 

Still, too neutral for me. I need more color in my home. 

Honored Contributor

I like it !

Respected Contributor

Wow, a little bit too country for me.  Not a fan, especially with the shiplap.   For me, too staged. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I love film noir but THIS black and white doesn't do it for me.

Respected Contributor

Love the checked pillows and ottomen.  Nice comfy room. would love my book, wine glass and a nice fire in this room.

Honored Contributor

Black and white is such a classic, and always love to see its various iterations.   While I'm not partial to a farmhouse style,  I find the combo of black and white in general to be crisp, versatile, and one that I don't tire of over time.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like the huge checks and really don't like the karate chop pillows. The scale of the checks is way too big for almost any sized room in my opinion. They stick out like a sore thumb. It looks dated to me...you can buy starter plates with these checks at the dollar tree now. That usually means it has run its course or is on its way out. Mackenzie-Childs harlequin does a much better take on black and white.  The checks are just too big and there is too much of it in this room.