Honored Contributor

Re: Monet's Kitchen in Giverny

I can see the blue kitchen in the background.  Very colorful dining room for sure!

Honored Contributor

No; hate this color blue.

Honored Contributor

Despite all the pretty blue tile and really, for me, there's too much of it and not enough of anything else... this doesn't 'read' Monet to me. The ceiling light almost looks Colonial... To me, the table, despite the color, and chairs aren't particularly in sync with the rest of the look...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love that kitchen but it doesnt seem very Monetesque.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am rather surprised at the look of this kitchen.  Some of the blues do not go together and frankly, just too much blue.  I would think Monet would have had pastel water colors instead of this.  I don't like it.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

No, it doesn’t bring Monet to mind when I see it. I don’t care for it.  I don’t like all the busy tile, and that table and chairs look too small for the space, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Could be an artist whose creativity got carried away. 

It wouldn't be so bad, IMO, if the wall, ceiling, doors, and cabinets, hadn't been painted in what looks to me a shade of aqua.  The beautiful tile doesn't stand out.  

I think all of the above and the table should be painted white except I'd paint exposed wall, off white.  

I might think to strip the table and stain or varnish over natural to match the color of the sink.  It would bring out the gold around the fireplace and what looks like gold on the stove...or whatever that is.  Don't see burners on top.  

I like to see upper cabinets above counters, but in this case, there's a sink, so they'd have to be placed high to prevent heads from hitting the cabinets. 

The chairs.  Two are high enough to be stools.  Not enough room for legs.  Also, there are only 3 chairs.  I'm nitpicking now. 

This room has a lot of character that could be enhanced by using a different color combination and a few changes.  

Honored Contributor

It’s cute. I bet the rest of the house is very interesting.

But not for me.

Honored Contributor

I hate blue in home decor .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Tried to hide from the ‘guards’ in order to stay there forever,

but no such luck!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras