Honored Contributor

Re: Mom was right about the sheets.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@house_cat.  Fold the fitted sheet as best you can.  There are tutorials on YouTube to demonstrate.  Then take both sheets and one pillowcase and put everything into the other pillowcase.  Everything is then in one neat, tidy package ready for the next use.

I have watched so many tutorials - starting with a lesson from Martha Stewart on one of her shows years ago.  I've failed miserably. I simply cannot do it.  It might be in part to the fact that I'm 5'0" on my tippy toes and my sheets are Cal King.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

My MIL showed me how to fold fitted sheets back in the early 70's.  Nice, tidy little rectangles that stack without toppling over.

Honored Contributor

I have mastered the fitted sheet fold,not I wish I could fold my oversized comforter

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I agree that it's not a big deal to fold fitted sheets neatly.  I like them.

I also have to have a top sheet to sleep comfortably.  I can't imagine getting in a bed without one.  Often, that's all I sleep under from the knees up.  Summer and winter I  have to have a top sheet.  And who wants to wash the duvet cover every week?  And it's nasty not to. . . 

Respected Contributor

Read quite a few ideas on best way to fold fitted sheets...none of mine came out looking like theirs so I found a way to fold that I could coexist with.

I simply tuck one corner into the other and repeat on the remaining 2 corners.  Smooth out the folds till I am happy with them and then fold over the resultant shape to fit my shelf.

If Inhad nothing to do, I could lay the whole sheet out on top of my made up bed and fold in all edges until I had a perfect folded square or oblong:  ain’t ever going to happen, lol !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

My fitted sheets don't look too bad when folded.  I remember when I had to hospital corner flat sheets on the mattress.  Today's mattresses are too thick and the sheets are not big enough to do that.

i have those folding fabric storage boxes in my linen closet.  I keep my folded sheets in there and my closets always look neat when you open the doors, even if the sheets are not folded perfectly. I am short so the handle in the front makes it easy for me to reach up on the top shelf to remove a box and not have everything fall  down on my head.

I love those boxes and use them everywhere.DA45C210-B2E5-4724-BC87-E956903E2B2E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have posted this before, but for those who have never seen it:

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon -- LOL! I hadn't seen it - thanks for posting!

I somehow manage to get mine into a ball too, then I fold the ball in half so the "folded" - yeah, right - part is facing out of the closet. I've done my good deed for the day! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon Thanks for the tutorial. I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.🙀🙀

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I am not going back 1950....LOL   I like the convenience of fitted sheets.  Actually, I can't recall ever living without them and I'm almost 60.  I did work as a nursing assistant one summer when I was 17 and remember making beds with flat sheets.     There actually is a  trick to folding fitted sheets, Laura Duffek on Evine demonstrated how to do it but when I tried the next day, I forgot.   My linen closet has doors so I'm ok with folding the fitted sheets as well as I can and closing the door.  If the linen closet police knock on my door, I'll deal with it then.