Honored Contributor

Mom was right about the sheets.

My mom refused to buy fitted sheets. She hated them because they were hard to fold and made her linen closet look messy.  I always thought she was being closed minded about it.  

Well, lo and behold, I now think she was right!

I was struggling to straighten out my tiny linen cabinet today and decided that I'm going to get rid of all my fitted sheets.  Since I never own more than two sets at a time, this won't be a big loss.

Does anyone else loathe them as I do?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Mom was right about the sheets.

@house_cat

Are you airing your dirty laundry on the boards again? Cat LOLCat Tongue

I like fitted sheets, but I have enough of a problem trying to teach BF how to put the duvet cover on the duvet, so I know there won't be any champion sheet folding going on here.  Usually the fitted sheet resembles a big blob rolled up and shoved in the linen closet.  I am okay with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I would loathe sheets coming untucked all the time more than a less-than-tidy shelf!

The pillowcases get folded neatly in my household but I just jam the fitted and the top sheets in the linen closet and quickly shut the door.  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I could never do without fitted sheets, but could do without flat ones.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy sheet "sets" anymore.  DH doesn't like the top sheet.  I have no problem folding the fitted sheets--corner to corner--works for me.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat.  Fold the fitted sheet as best you can.  There are tutorials on YouTube to demonstrate.  Then take both sheets and one pillowcase and put everything into the other pillowcase.  Everything is then in one neat, tidy package ready for the next use.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Ha! I just yesterday noticed how messy my linen closet was because of fitted sheets!  I was quite annoyed, however, there is a way to fold them so they are tidier.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@house_cat

Are you airing your dirty laundry on the boards again? Cat LOLCat Tongue

I like fitted sheets, but I have enough of a problem trying to teach BF how to put the duvet cover on the duvet, so I know there won't be any champion sheet folding going on here.  Usually the fitted sheet resembles a big blob rolled up and shoved in the linen closet.  I am okay with that.

Ha! Yes! I outed my mom!  No worries.. she's already promised to haunt me for so many other reasons, lol. 

So far, she must be resting peacefully 💗😇

I wish I could ignore the blobs of sheets in my closet, but I can't!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't buy sheet "sets" anymore.  DH doesn't like the top sheet.  I have no problem folding the fitted sheets--corner to corner--works for me.  

@kaydee50

When would you like @Sweetbay magnolia and me to come over with our sheet balls?Cat Happy

I know that Martha S. has a video, but I think I am anatomically hard wired to be a baller.Cat Frustrated  I am certain that my arms are too short to do the corner to corner method.

Valued Contributor

Big DITTO! I HAVE to have fitted sheets. It's a must! 
I don't even attempt to fold them.
I fold the flat sheet and 1 pillow case, roll the fitted sheet into a ball and put 
everything in the other pillow case and toss in the closet. 
Works perfect in my world!