Respected Contributor

Re: Modern Cottage - relaxing decor

@jeanlake 

I choose pics 1 - 4 the best.  Although, pics 1 & 2 look more modern / traditional to me than cottage.  

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake I love all the rooms in one way or another....I particularly am fond of the sofas with the bountiful cushions that look like they are just waiting for a customer

Trusted Contributor

4, 5 and 8 are my favs. They all have things I like and things I don’t. I especially like the windows in 5 .
Esteemed Contributor

I thought I understood the cottage look, but now I'm not so sure. Of course this is just my opinion, but the first five photos do not look anything like I think of as "cottage"...modern homes as large as the ones shown just don't give me a cottage feel. Photo #4 probably comes closer for me since I can see the ocean/lake in the background, but does that make for a cottage look? The last three photos make me think of a quiet little cottage house - very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I like them all, with the exception of #6, that one does not appeal to me. The others are very very nice!

Honored Contributor

Here is where my design ignorance shines through. 

I don't see 'cottage' in many of these rooms. Cottage means something totally different to me. 

Honored Contributor

I think her first pic is cottage-love it.

Stunning Modern Country Homes Interiors On Home Interior Within Best Small  With Porches Living Room Layout And Decor Style Plans Southern Ideas Floor  Crismatec.com