Respected Contributor

Re: Mod furnishings & Traditional Architecture

In total agreement with you @wilma ...the furniture does not work with the beautiful architecture.

Respected Contributor

This space leaves no impression on me, none.  It is not remarkable or memorable.

Honored Contributor

I like to mix different styles of decor but this decor does nothing but take away from the beauty of the room itself.

Honored Contributor

I like the room, but not the furnishings, I could picture Traditional furninshings in this room as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I typically lean towards modern/contemporary decor but I don't care for these furniture pieces.  Th entire room needs to be warmed up.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Love the architecture but the furniture is a no-go, particularly because of the color palette.  The room requires a few statement pieces regardless of what style they are.  The furnishings are all rather wishy-washy.

Respected Contributor

i love the size of the room, and the architecture.  that's it. 

even something other than this harsh bright white would be a improvement.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the architecture of the room is lovely but the decor is cheap looking, including the art on the walls.  Traditional or contemporary comfortable would work.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

While I agree the furnshings are kind of horrible, I think the architecture of the room is as well. 

I don't like the intricate woodwork--the baseboards, the window trim and the many paneled doors are pure dust collectors. And I don't find the floors (parquet like?) to be appealing at all.