Honored Contributor

Mix of Colors & Materials in Kitchen

What do you think of this mixture of colors & materials? 

I don't like it. The 2 different floor colors and materials are very jarring to my eyes. I don’t like the usage of the 2 different cabinet colors either. The tile backsplash & light tan cabinets are ok, but I just don’t like much about this space, and I wouldn’t want it as my kitchen.

9B0E06E9-788F-47B9-B5F1-8EDE710D81A7.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mix of Colors & Materials in Kitchen

[ Edited ]

Wow I get indigestion looking at this. It's too much. 

Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh, it looks like a flood.

Honored Contributor

9B0E06E9-788F-47B9-B5F1-8EDE710D81A7.jpeg

I kinda like the "hive" vibe on the floor but I can't get past the feeling that this island is a giant scoop of Baskin-Robbins Daiquiri Ice that's just melted all over the kitchen.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I would also want the cabinets to be the same color and the flooring is all wrong.  

Super Contributor

Hate the floor - too gimicky and busy. Don't care for the color of the island either. If you're going for color, commit to color instead of wimpy pastel!

Honored Contributor

Don't think I care for the floor color but I'd like to see the whole area before deciding.  I love the cabinets and backsplash but would like to see the aqua cabinet just a bit deeper in color.  Very nice kitchen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Pretty sure I completely hate that floor.  Not in, "I can live with it", but "I'd have to change it first thing".

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I like the cabinets and backsplash.  Don't like the island with the sink; the ovens being next to the refrigerator (I see that often and it makes no sense to me); or the different flooring.

Honored Contributor

The color scheme of the floor and cabinets definitely take away from this kitchen.  This is a big no for me.