Honored Contributor

Snob founder Denise Zidel masterfully mixes vibrant color with global-inspired design in her quirky principal bedroom. | Photographer: Stacey Brandford | Designer: Denise Zidel

I saw this lemon yellow bed first and then I noticed the mirrors.  What do you think of the placement, with the artwork between them?

Super Contributor

Re: Mirrors Over Nightstands

I think it's pretty, however I probably never would have thought to position them there. Are you considering doing this? It's unique and nicely done.

Respected Contributor

There is nothing about this room that I like.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would have never thought of placing a mirror above a nightstand.   It's different but I like it. 

For us, it would not work because we keep many too many items on our nightstands and I wouldn't like to see the reflection of our lamps, radio, clock, and books in the mirrors.

If you keep a bare nightstand then I could really see this design working for you.  

What I don't like about this room is the chandelier and the stand at the foot of the bed with the animal heads.

Honored Contributor

@Mama Deb wrote:

I think it's pretty, however I probably never would have thought to position them there. Are you considering doing this? It's unique and nicely done.

@Mama Deb 

No, I'm not considering it. I just like to find pictures that are interesting for discussion. 

In my bedroom, there are windows behind the bed (and they're not evenly spaced) so I couldn't do this look unless I flipped the bed to another room, and there isn't enough wall space to do it.  

Honored Contributor

This room is ghastly. The light fixture looked like rolls upon rolls of toilet paper. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like the mirror placement. I never would have thought to do that. 

Honored Contributor

In my home, this would be bad feng shui, lol! .  Lol. Who wants to look at themselves coming in and out of a room.  Or worse looking at themselves getting into bed and out of bed.  Depressing to me.  I have mirrors in 4 of my rooms.  Reflecting the yard, trees or something nice.  Also the mirrors are too low for me.  But all that said it does LOOK good in a photo shoot.

Honored Contributor

I do love the chandellier.  Not in my home, but I like it.  But now that gidget says it looks like rolls of toilet paper, I have a new view of it, lol.   

Honored Contributor

@lolakimonoI think it's not a read-in-bed friendly room.