Honored Contributor

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall...

Image may contain: living room, table and indoor

If you decorate with mirrors, do you prefer one large mirror or small groupings, like this arrangement from Pottery Barn?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall...

I cannot decorate to save my life.  But I saw a pillow in a boutique that said "Mirror mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all."  Fits me to a tee.

Respected Contributor

I love mirrors in a room - large ones preferably - I just saw an article in one of my magazines - a very small house - in the living room she put two tall framed mirrors on each side of her fireplace - made the room look twice as big.  I mosaic mirrors and have them all over the house. 

Honored Contributor

I do both

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have a large mirror in an ornate carved wood frame in my LR, I think I prefer it for the style of my room..

The one below looks nice in that type of room, though!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

The entire backsplash area in my kitchen is mirrored. It looks fabulous. I get compliments all the time.

Honored Contributor

Since on the topic of mirrors. Harrison Ford designed most beautiful frame for Calista's boudoir. My dear friend designed the mirror. He did several celebrities. Including Rock Hudson's ceiling. List very long celebrities homes. Tom Cruise exercise room. Final note..Rod said Harrison Ford kindest gentleman. He was carperter before he became star. Rod, RIP-🌷
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono I have decorated with both small and large mirror's it depends on the room, when we were first married we owned a small townhome and it was the open concept, I placed a large mirror inbetween the dining room and living room and could not believe how much larger the room looked!

Honored Contributor

I like both but think if a mirror is too large it looks dated. I don't want to go back to the mirrored walls of the 80's. I love that room pictured.

Honored Contributor

I like mirrors; large ones.   The only one I display in my home belonged to a family member and is over 100 years old.