Honored Contributor

I saw this and thought I would pass it along for those who knit/crochet.

They made swatches to help remember the color families and which yarns they have used in projects.

@ALRATIBA

Respected Contributor

Re: Mini Granny Square Swatches

That is adorable! I love a good swatch of anything.

It would be good to try colors together, too, if you wanted to do a project with coordinating or contrasting colors.

Trusted Contributor

That's a clever idea.  I don't remember my aunt having one of these - I'm sure she would have used it frequently.   

Honored Contributor

Cute idea!   I'll keep that in mind.  It would make a perfect patchwork piece if all were sewn together ... or a baby afghan.

I just tape yarn samples and labels in a knitting "diary" my mother gave me years ago.  I used to use Ravelry - but left for various reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great idea! For quilting, I have a small notebook with plastic protectors in it. I put in the quilt name, fabric collection used (with swatches), size, yardage needed, etc - everything is on an index card - that is what works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

While I don't knit or crochet, there is something just delicious about those tidy little squares of color.  

I do sew, but using mostly fleece, so not much color matching going on.

Many times I wish I had learned more about what it took to design fabric patterns as a career.  I can get lost looking at the colors/designs...and even color and textures of yarn. 

Yummy!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Great idea!

and I’d think that in yarns, one could find exact matches for”their” fashion colors or for me, I’d go with “Color Me Beautiful” swatches (If I can find them!)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Wear it as a bracelet.

Honored Contributor

White Metal Rim Key Tags (small pack, pre-strung)Reminds me of something on Pinterest, I think, where you got the  above  round tags ----and you paint the  different colors of nail polish , on them with the name of it  and the brand---then you can see what the color really is, --thought it was genius!! would also put the date you bought it on there too.