Honored Contributor

Re: Million Dollar Skinny House

@January121 wrote:

Hope do you get into the house? .... I don’t see a front door????

@January121  Looks like down the alley way and around to the back of the house.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  ..... THANKS 😊😃

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@January121 wrote:

Hope do you get into the house? .... I don’t see a front door????

@January121  Looks like down the alley way and around to the back off the house.

@January121 It is actually down the alley and at the side of the house.

Valued Contributor

For that neighborhood considering a smaller apartment might go for more $$, it's certainly priced right! Plus you wouldn't have monthly condo/etc. fees another building would. Again comparing apples to apples. I think it's cute for what it is.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this on my news feed.  It's cute/fun to look at and what they have done with it, but I don't think I could live there.  All those stairs!  And the 1.2 mil price would scare me off.  But hey, it is Boston.

Honored Contributor

@January121. You can see a side door in this picture

cddd760bc359351c24463fda73665009.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Interesting history of the house. 

If I had 1.2 million I'd rather spend it on a house with more space and land. I'm not really fond of the furnishings, and those stairs would be much too difficult at my age. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing this. I could live in a place like this but not at my age due to too many stairs. Wonder how far it is in walking distance to any stores because no place to park a car that I can see.

I find these narrow homes interesting. A friend that I worked with had one of similar size on Capitol Hill. He is very handy and after buying gutted it and totally did it over to his liking including adding a roof deck. I think his house was 12 feet wide, three levels plus roof deck. He sold it many years ago and made out quite well on it but don’t remember the selling cost.
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@January121. You can see a side door in this picture

cddd760bc359351c24463fda73665009.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21   ..... THANKS!!!!! 😃😃

Honored Contributor

We take a bike ride through a place call Doll House Row almost every day.  The houses are only 10 feet wide.  There's about a dozen of them.  Adorable.  I think the last one went for a half million a year ago. 

There are actually a couple of other 10 ft wide homes dotted along the bay in other areas.

They are on a tiny street with an alley behind them.  They are so cute, but I'd have to watch my p's & q's if I lived that closely to others!