Honored Contributor

Re: Milady's Pretty Reading Nook...

Like traditional, but not this style and sad to say not sure what it is.  Definitely, a European influence, Italian, French, or English Victorian influence or a mix.  Don't know and don't like it.

Give me good old American designed Queen Ann and Chippendale, less ornate than English of those eras, and I'll be happy.  I even like American primitive.  

The room architecture looks great.  The wallpaper is OK, but I wouldn't use it. Definitely, not the curtains with those tassels.  The clock is ugly and doesn't belong.  No for the pictures.

No pink flowered furniture for me.  The color scheme is serene and comforting, but would drive me nuts.  I like strong colors. 

Probably, stepped on a lot of toes of those who like it, but...overall, it's nicely done for those who like this style, but I find it stuffy, something that might appeal to English Royal ladies. 

Trusted Contributor

Reminds me of my Grandmother's older home.

Don't know why but I like the chair - looks very comfy & has a lighter pattern.  Don't care for the gold along the sides.  The vase & flowers  look nice in front of the window.  I don't like anything else.  

Honored Contributor

I like the soft pink in the decor but I don’t care for the ugly drapes. The “hubcap” clock has to go.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yuck. LOL.
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Like traditional, but not this style and sad to say not sure what it is.  Definitely, a European influence, Italian, French, or English Victorian influence or a mix.  Don't know and don't like it.

Give me good old American designed Queen Ann and Chippendale, less ornate than English of those eras, and I'll be happy.  I even like American primitive.  

The room architecture looks great.  The wallpaper is OK, but I wouldn't use it. Definitely, not the curtains with those tassels.  The clock is ugly and doesn't belong.  No for the pictures.

No pink flowered furniture for me.  The color scheme is serene and comforting, but would drive me nuts.  I like strong colors. 

Probably, stepped on a lot of toes of those who like it, but...overall, it's nicely done for those who like this style, but I find it stuffy, something that might appeal to English Royal ladies. 

No worries @Foxxee . We all like what we like and while I do like this room, I also like American Primitve and some of the other styles you cite. As for what this is, it's primarily a more formal take on French decor. We tend to see more Country French, which is less 'refined' and more relaxed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty, comfy and feminine.  Looks cozy and happy to me.

Respected Contributor

i would love to spend some time in that room.

Respected Contributor

Too fancy, period and crowded for my taste!

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I like the soft pink in the decor but I don’t care for the ugly drapes. The “hubcap” clock has to go.

@OKPrincess 

You took the words right out of my mouth on this one, I totally agree !

Honored Contributor

Not a fan.