Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Don Astlet microber towels. They work very well, wash well and last. It's a great deal $.  

Super Contributor

I bought a couple of packages years ago from Walmart in the car cleaning aisle. They were thick and wonderful. Unfortunately, I looked at Walmart recently, and they are thin and flimsy. I also ordered from Don Aslett, from the Q, and they are thin and flimsy, too. I like the thicker ones for cleaning mirrors and windows.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think there is such a huge variation in the quality, feel and performance of micro fiber cloths. As a rule, I don't like most of them. 

Many years ago, QVC sold some that I simply love, but I only received like one towel, from my mom when she bought and tried a set. The tag says " The Original Starfiber". It's unlike any others I've tried. No matter how dry my hands the cloth doesn't cling to my hands. It is soft and just has a great feel. 

I've looked several times for more of this brand and haven't been able to find any. I have a huge stack of microfiber cloths from here, most my mom shared with me, and I use them for icky jobs, but really don't like them. 

I occasionally find a microfiber towel or two brand new at thrifts stores that aren't too bad, but on the whole, I'm not much a fan of microfiber cloths.

I still have some unused Original Starfiber cloths that I've been hoarding.  The rest of them are still in use.  They are part of of a 12-pc. set of Don Aslett cloths that I bought from QVC in 2007! They are nice and sturdy, LOL!

The best micro fiber cloths I've ever had were called Vroom.  They're the best for cleaing glass and mirrors with just water.  I don't know if they're available any more. I think I got those at Target.

Respected Contributor

There's a youtube entrepreneur who has a channel called "Clean My Space"  and she makes microfiber cleaning towels that she sells online.  They are excellent.  

They are very thick and last a long time.   The price point is higher than most but the quality is worth the additional cost.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I just got these today. I thought there would be care instructions. How do you wash them without having to buy their microfiber detergent? I would like to keep these from smelling like some others I bought.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee   I just got these today. I thought there would be care instructions. How do you wash them without having to buy their microfiber detergent? I would like to keep these from smelling like some others I bought.

Thanks

@Judaline 

I just use All Free and Clear liquid detergent. Most any of the 'Free and Clear' type liquid detergents are also fine to use. The key is to use a detergent that is not a powder and has no dyes or fragrance...those things can make your MF towels less effective by coating the little fibers. Wash them in hot or warm water and only with other MF towels. Dry them only with other MF towels on the lowest dryer setting or let them air dry. Do not use softeners, vinegar or bleach when laundering MF.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline ,

What towels did you get from the MFWarehouse? The ones for glass? If you did get those how do you like them?

I just used mine again today and I just can't get over how well they clean my windows and mirrors!...and that fabric they are made of makes it just slide across the glass so easily. I got the 6-pack of the 16x16 cloths. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline ,

What towels did you get from the MFWarehouse? The ones for glass? If you did get those how do you like them?

I just used mine again today and I just can't get over how well they clean my windows and mirrors!...and that fabric they are made of makes it just slide across the glass so easily. I got the 6-pack of the 16x16 cloths. 

I got the 12X12 cloths. They say the towels are best for windows but I want something smaller in my hand. Do I have to wash them first do you think? (haven't given them a chance, yet, will let you know how I like them). Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline ,

I got the 12X12 cloths. They say the towels are best for windows but I want something smaller in my hand. Do I have to wash them first do you think? (haven't given them a chance, yet, will let you know how I like them). Thanks

@Judaline 

I would wash them before using them, especially on glass. If you don't have any Free & Clear type liquid detergent on hand then just use Dawn and hand wash them, hang dry. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I purchased some at a Big Lots from the auto section years ago and still have and use them. I wash them in cold water (sometimes 2 rinses) and dry on the most delicate cycle. I can tell by looking at the loop of the material whether they will work. The ones I have purchased from the 'Mr. Clean' section were really good , but pricier.