Respected Contributor

Microfiber towels?

[ Edited ]

Several yrs ago, I purchased microfiber cleaning towels. Somehow they have all disappeaered, except 2. They were a pkg of multi-colors.  I need to re-purchase....any good recommendations?? (I use them a lot to clean glass, in my crafting).

Trusted Contributor

I like Don Aslett microfiber towels.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you might want cheap ones,check on amazon, for household cleaning there are  many good brands.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I got the microfiber towels or cleaning cloths at Walmart but they tend to leave lint all over everything from glass, mirrors, and furniture.  I haven't found one yet that doesn't. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Microfiber towels?

[ Edited ]

I buy all of my MF products from MicrofiberWholesale dot com. Always free shipping and free returns. Their products are excellent, lots of choices and they ship it fast. Prices are very reasonable...I think the price is pretty dang low, really. So far I've purchased cloths for window/glass cleaning, MF wipes (they call them disposable but I use them to wash my makeup off of my face then wash/reuse them), mop pads, dusters and some all-purpose MF towels. I love everything I ever bought from them. Never sent anything back. They're fantastic.

ETA - Be sure to check out their "Knowledge Base", find it at the top of the page in the banner there. That will give you tips about how to launder MF properly so you get the best results using them.

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight 

The last product I bought from MicrofiberWholesale was their glass-cleaning cloths. You know how with regular mf towels they seem to drag across the glass...sort of difficult to move across the glass surface? With the glass cleaning cloths it doesn't do that. They just glide across glass so easily and there's no lint or streaking ever. Even after you wash them the cloths come out lint free. They are so wonderful. I love them!

Honored Contributor

The rag company, they have their site,and sell on amazon,the waffle weave cloths are nice.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I think there is such a huge variation in the quality, feel and performance of micro fiber cloths. As a rule, I don't like most of them. 

Many years ago, QVC sold some that I simply love, but I only received like one towel, from my mom when she bought and tried a set. The tag says " The Original Starfiber". It's unlike any others I've tried. No matter how dry my hands the cloth doesn't cling to my hands. It is soft and just has a great feel. 

I've looked several times for more of this brand and haven't been able to find any. I have a huge stack of microfiber cloths from here, most my mom shared with me, and I use them for icky jobs, but really don't like them. 

I occasionally find a microfiber towel or two brand new at thrifts stores that aren't too bad, but on the whole, I'm not much a fan of microfiber cloths.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think there is such a huge variation in the quality, feel and performance of micro fiber cloths. As a rule, I don't like most of them. 

Many years ago, QVC sold some that I simply love, but I only received like one towel, from my mom when she bought and tried a set. The tag says " The Original Starfiber". It's unlike any others I've tried. No matter how dry my hands the cloth doesn't cling to my hands. It is soft and just has a great feel. 

I've looked several times for more of this brand and haven't been able to find any. I have a huge stack of microfiber cloths from here, most my mom shared with me, and I use them for icky jobs, but really don't like them. 

I occasionally find a microfiber towel or two brand new at thrifts stores that aren't too bad, but on the whole, I'm not much a fan of microfiber cloths.

@Mominohio - ebay has several Starfiber cloths listed. I don’t know if they’re the same as yours, but you might take a look.  Just search Starfiber cloth. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio - ebay has several Starfiber cloths listed. I don’t know if they’re the same as yours, but you might take a look.  Just search Starfiber cloth. 

@gidgetgh 

Thanks! I have seen those offered on Amazon, and they just don't look like the one I have. There is something different about the 'loop' and the way the fabric looks. 

Mine is so old that I'm guessing they have changed/cheapened the manufacturing process, and the new ones aren't anything like these older ones. Why do companies do that? 

I guess the only way I will know is to buy a set, and I'm thinking I will try them to see, but I don't hold out hopes that they will be the same quality or feel as this older one.