Honored Contributor

Microfiber cleaning cloths with silver clear

I wonder if the fabric cloths that have EPA registered silver clear,really do what they say they do. Some on amazon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

Re: Microfiber cleaning cloths with silver clear

Wow! I was excited to read this. I love my Norwex microfiber with the silver embedded in them, but they are quite expensive. I would love to try these. I will have to do some research to see if they actually do work on germs, though. I just can't quite do without all cleaners, especially in the bathroom. I'm much better than in the past, but I hope to become way more 'green' and less chemical. 

Thanks for sharing. :-) 

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

Wow! I was excited to read this. I love my Norwex microfiber with the silver embedded in them, but they are quite expensive. I would love to try these. I will have to do some research to see if they actually do work on germs, though. I just can't quite do without all cleaners, especially in the bathroom. I'm much better than in the past, but I hope to become way more 'green' and less chemical. 

Thanks for sharing. :-) 

I thought they actually clean the germs on the surface of things, but i have been reading about this,and it seems that they do not do that,it just keeps the cloths from smelling, trying to get more info.

Esteemed Contributor

If this is SilverClearDC300, you need the check registration which states:

When treated with SilverClearDG300, fibers, textiles, and related products are preserved by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungi that would otherwise cause odor, discoloration, deterioration of untreated textiles or fibers.

SilverClearDG300 is not approved for the control of human health-related microorganisms.

Manufacturers of products incorporating SilverClearDG300 may not make any public health claims relating to antimicrobial activity..

Honored Contributor

I have bought and use the O doban, micro sham cloths ,comes 3 to a pkg, i buy this ,and cleaner from homedepot.