Honored Contributor

Re: Meg Ryan's New York Loft living room

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, this is pretty ugly! No color, cluttered walls, boring furniture. Not my style at all. It's cookie cutter celebrity furnishings.

@ID2  I had a little giggle when I read this... It's a great descriptor... I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but it seems like almost anytime I see a celebrity home, the decor is sort of generic: oversize pieces, mostly neutrals, a modern or transitional aesthetic and overall pretty bland... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

There is one area that stands out to me that I definitely DO NOT care for ---all the pictures grouped on the wall.  The rest is okay but nothing special.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I really like the room. I think it is pretty, calm and inviting. I would have to have a different style couch.

Honored Contributor

I like the bones of the room, but too neutral for me...and the peach chair looks out of place with all the neutrals that color needs more of a tie in to the rest of the room, unless there's more but it's in part of the photo that we dont see....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's fine but looks like she hired a decorator. It lacks individuality and reminds me of the apartments I have seen where the resident's individuality is forgotten and the designer does their own thing. Standard fare..

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, this is pretty ugly! No color, cluttered walls, boring furniture. Not my style at all. It's cookie cutter celebrity furnishings.

@ID2  I had a little giggle when I read this... It's a great descriptor... I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but it seems like almost anytime I see a celebrity home, the decor is sort of generic: oversize pieces, mostly neutrals, a modern or transitional aesthetic and overall pretty bland... 

@stevieb @ID2  Actually the celebrity homes featured in Architectural Digest are as different as the day is long.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@stevieb @ID2  Actually the celebrity homes featured in Architectural Digest are as different as the day is long.

@faeriemoon  As with so many things, I guess it's a matter of definition or perception... In my experience, and admittedly I haven't perused AD in a while, many (not all but many) of the celeb haunts had a similar vibe but yes, some are quite individualized...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This room is so neutral I would choke.  The couch doesn't look comfortable at all.

Honored Contributor

This looks to be a very vintage room by design.  I think it is calming, especially for someone who most likely has a hectic worklife (given her profession) and she likes the calm at the end of the day.  I would not like it.  I do like that she has chosen darker woods instead of the new Scandi look which woods are so light.  I am not a big fan of light-colored woods and she has chosen a new look, a vintage look with good wood.

Honored Contributor

This is really nice!  Open and lots of light.  Not stuffy or ornate and very comfy looking.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin