Honored Contributor

Re: Meg Ryan's New York Loft living room

We have a large loft on our third floor. Our home is a geodesic dome. 

Our bedroom was on the third floor,but we put an addition in, so the third floor loft is now a library and Hubbs' office.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I think it is a beautiful, cozy room that fits the space perfectly!

Honored Contributor

I love the colors - especially in the middle of what we hope will soon be the hubbub of a busy city.

Respected Contributor

I love it...wow I would love to be able to have a New York loft living room!  It's called cash floooo 😄

Honored Contributor

Wow, this is pretty ugly! No color, cluttered walls, boring furniture. Not my style at all. It's cookie cutter celebrity furnishings.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I was also wondering about that chair; peach or the light playing tricks with a more camel/tan shade...

I do enjoy neutrals with an oddball chair color thrown in, but I wasn't feeling that peach either.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We have a large loft on our third floor. Our home is a geodesic dome. 

Our bedroom was on the third floor,but we put an addition in, so the third floor loft is now a library and Hubbs' office.

@Group 5 minus 1  Wow; that sounds really cool!!

Honored Contributor

Though I'm not sure about the purpose of what appears to be the windowed ante room or vestibule leading into the living room, it appears to be a pretty amazing space. The somewhat handsome decor isn't awful, but I'd make significant changes. To me and given what we can see, it reads as predictable and bland.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Incidentally, anyone wanting to see more need only Google Meg Ryan's Loft. What I saw were some impressive spaces and some fabulous elements, but an overall aesthetic I don't really appreciate, starting with two mammoth sofas that, for me, are unappealing... There are, though, some other spaces that are lovely... Apparently, she sold the SoHo loft for just under 10M...

Meg Ryan's stunning Soho loft sells for $9.85M - Curbed NY

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I really like this room/space and think the neutral colors look great but the accent pillows need to bring in a pop of color to the room or something.  I also do not like all the black and would lighten that up too.  I love light colors to keep the space bright.