Respected Contributor

Re: Maytag washing machine flawed !

I have a 20 yr old Whirlpool set that I love. I keep praying that they don’t give out on me, I wouldn’t know what to replace them with since you hear that so many of the new machines have problems.

Respected Contributor

i can remember back in the 80s my mom bought a kenmore washer with all the bells and whisles and it was over 700 bucks.  she said well i spent alot but it should last a long time. after 2 months it broke . warrenty covered it. she was telling a friend that worked in sears and he told her if you have any more problems you let me know. so when it was 8 months old the transmission died so she went to sears and told her friend so he told her im having a new machine delivered and we will take that machine back. the 2nd machine was awesome. she just got a lemon but now they make them crappy. we just bought a new washer allmost 3 weeks ago and so far its awesome. its a ge and it fills all the way up and can be used as he low water level washer and spin speed is so fast that dry time is so much shorter.and it does have a full size agitator. it was nly 560.00.  but good luck with your washer and getting it fixed.

Respected Contributor

@ Sunshine Kate
Quality of appliances has gone so low and as consumers we feel helpless.
I am guessing a big factor are laws on water useage in washers. More stress on machines with lack of water. Absurd that getting clothes clean efficiently is such a difficult task,
Respected Contributor

We are moving to a 55+ community soon and now renovating our new house. And we just ordered new appliances. Sounds scary what people say about the quality and reliabllity.I am still going for Maytag WD, but top loader. My old one is 23 years of age and still ok. Fridge, stove and wine cooler are going to be Frigidaire Gallery and the dishwasher by Bosch ( best and quiet). Hope they all going to last us some years. So much money all of it!!!

Respected Contributor

we have an 11 year old maytag dishwasher and it has been fixed atleast 8 times or more. i had a service contract on it. good thing because everytime it broke repair would have been 250.00 to 300.00 bucks. i would not buyv another maytag.