Honored Contributor

Re: Maytag washing machine - NEVER AGAIN !

That’s bad news...I bought a Samsung fridge last summer hoping it would be temporary since we were moving and I would leave it behind in the house...but we haven’t moved and am living with it. What a piece of junk! The ice maker is so loud it wakes me up in the middle of the night! This is the same brand that makes phones that spontaneously combust....😡
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom 

Thank you for asking ... no extremely sick.  I'm actually overwhelmed -- big kudos to all those who are caregivers because I'm extremely stressed.

He collapsed & couldn't breathe rushed to hospital.  They said he had "flu"and bronchitis now he has lung infection, on oxygen and can't seem to fight it.  It's not coronavirus but some form of infection.

He came home Monday due to "safer" at home vs in hospital with infection risk for virus.  

We are both trying to figure it out -- one day at a time.  

Thank you again for your concern.🙂

homedecor

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1:  Bless your heart.   I hope your family gives you a helping hand.  I know from your posts how close you are with them.  Try to take care of yourself during this very difficult time.   Prayers for you and your DH.  

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Tell them you are taking your wash to the laundromat and sending them the bill.

By laundromat  I mean the one that does it all for you ,you just drop it off and pick it up later all washed,dried and folded.

My husband refused to hook up a washing machine. I forget the exact reason he gave. I just dropped it off one day on my way to work and picked it up the next all washed, dried, and folded. When we bought a new house and I had a washing machine, I found out that laundry is really a lot of work. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

I had the same problem with my Samsung (and still broken!).

I recorded the loud humming & vibrating noise.  It was like living in a turbine facility --after numerous calls it was discovered the "thermofoil" piece was not put in the compressor area😳. They gave me new fridge since this part needed to be done at factory...3 months later ice maker broke.

3 years later I'm still making ice cubes from ice cube trays every day.  Ice maker not covered by warranty and I refuse to pay.

This week it's "leaking water under the bottom shelves" Must be some kind of condensation that blower not working & ice crystals forming in freezer🤷‍♀️.

Wish the darn thing would just die!!!! I'd buy a no bells & whistle side by side for 1/2 the price!

Honored Contributor

I think you are all right about their being made in the same factory in China with different labels on them!

My first washer/dryer set was a Maytag, because my mom had one. I'm now on my second set, bought in 1994. My friends have the latest and greatest. A lot have problems with them, and some have said they really don't clean their clothes. Mine has been fixed a few times, and the repairman says I couldn't get the quality if I bought a newer set. Of course he wants my business too! But I'd rather have the set I have than anything else. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a KitchenAid clothes washer that I got in mid 90s.  It's never had a service call.  Does a great job but everytime I put in a load, I say a little prayer.  There's just me so it doesn't get heavy use.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot I haven't seen a magytag commercial in years.

Respected Contributor

Well what brand does everyone recommend then ??!?!??!? My Kenmore machine is over 25 years old but manufactured with much better materials than what I see today:  mostly plastic. I guess they have become throwaway items like much of the rest of the stuff purchased today.