Honored Contributor

Re: Maytag washing machine - NEVER AGAIN !

My maytag dryer is 16 months old -- motor went😡

The warranty company was extremely fast to reply and come fix the problem but cost was $321.!!!!

Still not working coming back out this week.

Then again....what appliance name brands are worth buying now!!!

Respected Contributor

What's the point of having an extended warranty if you have to pay over $300 for a repair?

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

What's the point of having an extended warranty if you have to pay over $300 for a repair?

@deeva   I have one on my car and took it in because it was leaking.  They told me they had to do a check on it.  The check cost me $2000.  The cost incurred for the oil leak was $21.00.  I think I got ripped.  I think a lot of us are.

Honored Contributor

My aunt who always buys the best when it comes to applainces bought a Maytag 15 years ago and had trouble with it from day 1, I guess she got a lemon too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Whirlpool duet front loader set is one of the first ones introduced when frontload washers came on the market....both are becoming a bit temperamental ( the dryer sensor doesn’t always pick up that the clothes are damp, so I just use “timed dry” and no problem. Washer doesn’t unlock door right away if I need to add another garment after it starts....but I will live with them both rather than deal with new ones! You may need to start working your way up the corporate ladder with Maytag....and wherever you purchased it should be holding the delivery company responsible for you not getting what you have paid for yet.  My experience with extended warranties (on my fridge) has not been good...they can just be a rip-off. I hope you get the brand new machine you paid for and it exceeds your expectations.  

Honored Contributor

I think now most all appliances are made in the same factory somewhere abroad, then different logos and brand names are slapped on them....the bigger the name, the bigger the price tag and bells and whistles.
Honored Contributor

Extended warranties are big rip-offs...they make more money on them than they do on the product they sell to you.
Honored Contributor

@deeva 

I asked the same thing😡

Actually, we did not pay for it.  The dryer came with 10 year motor warranty ...at that time spouse felt that's a good deal.  

The reality is:

1) somewhere this was built into price

2) the only repair person must be authorized thru Maytag

3) service call $129 to diagnose it is the motor

4) parts -- free sent only to their authorized repair person

5) labor $79/hour....travel time excluded😡 --

6) 3 hour minimum charge ...

Worse thing...part only guaranteed 90 days!!!!

Sadly, it's just a "ploy" to get you to buy the higher end appliance--if I knew the warranty was ****** I'd bought the standard low end dryer🙄

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 :  I read that you have to come home early from visiting your family because your DH was sick.  Is he better?

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

I just learned Samsung now manufacturers GE, Kenmore, Whirlpool & Maytag from the guy who is repairing my dryer.

They just put the "names" on the product.  Talk about deception...and most are manufacturered in China or Korea ...ugh