Esteemed Contributor

I've had Sleep number beds in the past and been happy, but a few years back I purchased a similar mattress from Habitat Furnishings.  It functioned much like the Sleep Number bed did, but was less expensive.  Had the topper, etc.

After 4 years, it had gotten two distint indentions where we slept and I felt like I was sleeping on a hump if I moved out of that area.  Contacted them, and they it was beyond warantee and they would replace the latax topper for $200 or, if I packed it up and mailed it in for a "refurbishing" they would do it for free.

I declined both offers since I felt it should not have collapsed in just 4 years.  I was very disappointed and told them so. 

So, once again, I am in the market for a new mattress, but fearful of making another expensive mistake.

Then, I began reading about the "off gassing" of some of the newer mattresses and figured I was fighting a losing battle.

Curious if anyone has found a mattress that really works, lasts for more than 5 years and won't emit toxic fumes!

Occasional Contributor

My brother and SIL bought a Saatva mattress a couple months ago. They got the Plush Firm (the mid range)and are very pleased with it. It was definitely firm but I've read it will "relax" as the top layer breaks in.  It was much improved from their Tempur-Pedic. We will purchase one as soon as our bedroom is repainted.

Honored Contributor

I have bought two mattresses from that company -- one for my son and one for our guest room.  They are very comfortable.  The company was easy to deal with and the delivery company was good, too.