Trusted Contributor

Matching Toto's "Cotton White"

The cotton white Soiree toilet is a dingy white, definitely not a clean bright white. Has anyone found a complimentary paint color, subway tile and tub surround that complements the toilet color? (I somehow left this post as a draft and now the story evolves)

No hurry for an answer since I am in a holding pattern after my plumber discovered black mold when he pulled out the old commode. The plastic (?) flange was cracked and apparently a slow leak went unnoticed. 

The subfloor and possibly some of the supporting structure has to be rebuilt. This will cost a small fortune, I fear. The insurance adjuster was here but no decision has been made on how to proceed.

Yippee, the joys of home ownership know no bounds.

dee :-(

Honored Contributor

Re: Matching Toto's "Cotton White"

@deedledeedeedle I feel your pain.  I have lived here for 38 years.  It's a big house where we raised 3 daughters.  My husband died 13 years ago.

I'm just starting to fix all of the little things one needs to fix in order to sell a house.  Some aren't so little.  My cement front porch needs to be replaced (not up to 'code'), things like that.  The driveway is over 200 ft long and it has to be dug up and resurfaced (yuck)!  Expensive things like that.

I guess I'm lucky because I have good friends who have repair businesses and are honest.  It's just the overwhelming idea of even starting it!

I can't even think of all of the 'stuff' in this house (attic, garage, you name it over 38 years) I have to get rid of.  I have boxes and boxes of photo albums, every toy they ever owned, videos, my goodness.

Anyway, you aren't alone.  I know what you mean about keeping up a house, it's never-ending.  However, I always remind myself to quit griping there are people who don't have a place to live, so I need to sit down and shut up and be grateful!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I know how you all feel..........my house is at the age where everything needs to be replaced.     My pals keep asking me why I "don't travel"..........I guess they don't have a clue that it is taking every last cent to keep this place up.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Another one here feeling the pain. My husband always either knew how to fix things or who to call to do the job. It gets feeling so overwhelming at times being responsible for a house to keep up. The bills go up and the bank accounts go down.