Respected Contributor

Re: Masculine NYC Studio Apartment

I can see a NYC man coming home to this great studio apartment at the end of a hectic day.  Great use of small studio space.  The wall decor/artwork must appeal to this tenant, but  I don't personally like it.

Super Contributor

The place looks gorgeous but nothing cuts it out to be Masculine. I LOVE the kitchen space. However, this living room looks a bit too busy for my taste.

Honored Contributor

Looks pretty spacious for a "studio"............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@software 

@stevieb 

and others- RE Masculine

That is the headline for the article-

headline.PNG

Honored Contributor

Tailored is a good word, it implies a very well dressed man.

"Natty" is another good word but not used much anymore.

The designer worked hard to balance the masculine features.

And someone had the very good sense to include a great kitchen, for a NYC studio, it's outstanding!

I'm on the fence with the black lampshades and I think I would ratchet back the use of plaid a bit.    

What do you think about the use of the decorative room divider?

@stevieb wrote:

I believe I'd label it 'tailored' more than masculine. I like it quite a bit, even though it wouldn't, overall, be my usual style. There are many elements I don't care for, but several I do and the overall gestalt is pleasing. I'm not a fan of most of the art work, don't like the desk, but like most of the case goods and love that plaid bed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@software 

@stevieb 

and others- RE Masculine

That is the headline for the article-

headline.PNG

@lolakimono Please know, I wasn't 'faulting' your (or their) description... I just see it a bit differently... Then again, I don't necessarily equate masculine with 'aggressive', as some do...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Tailored is a good word, it implies a very well dressed man.

"Natty" is another good word but not used much anymore.

The designer worked hard to balance the masculine features.

And someone had the very good sense to include a great kitchen, for a NYC studio, it's outstanding!

I'm on the fence with the black lampshades and I think I would ratchet back the use of plaid a bit.    

What do you think about the use of the decorative room divider?

@stevieb wrote:

I believe I'd label it 'tailored' more than masculine. I like it quite a bit, even though it wouldn't, overall, be my usual style. There are many elements I don't care for, but several I do and the overall gestalt is pleasing. I'm not a fan of most of the art work, don't like the desk, but like most of the case goods and love that plaid bed.

@software Somehow, all the black works for me in this instance, including the black lampshades... I've used them myself and they are quite attractive... I like the plaid in the bedroom, but would lose the plaid throw on the back of the sofa... I like the screen... Agree, great kitchen for a small apartment..

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Lovely apartment; quite handsome.  I don't see how masculine could imply aggressive.  I really don't get that statement at all.  

Honored Contributor

It was pulled from a Dictionary posting.

I would have listed "assertive" before "aggressive" but that's what's in the dictionary.

Sorry, can't link to it for you to see

@Citrine1 wrote:

Lovely apartment; quite handsome.  I don't see how masculine could imply aggressive.  I really don't get that statement at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, I like the decor and with a few changes could move right in.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!