Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I really like these candles as they look kind of nautical to me. I live on a lake so was interested. But when I saw 81 dollars I liked them a whole lot less.😲    

I like the the look as well @pupwhipped but not the price!

Super Contributor

Well, I am in the Martha camp, to the extent that I enjoy her on TV. While she certainly wears her mood on her sleeve, I frankly appreciate the authenticity of her rather than a constantly smiling, selling, yelling celebrity. She certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly, but she reminds me of Christina Carlino back in the old BE days...knows her stuff and will not become a Dennis Basso or Lori Goldstein hawker. Regarding the candles, I agree the pricing is too much, but recognize with any celebrity, QVC pays them a royalty so the customer pays that "upcharge".

Honored Contributor

Huh?????  Martha is a salewoman, she's selling stuff here.  Of course, she's going to say buy 2, 4, 8....a set for everyone you know.

Honored Contributor

Yes the price is a bit high a little over $40 for each candle, Martha probably was referring to the easy pay which makes it more affordable to purchase more than one.....

I dont know why everyone is ragging on Martha when you should be ragging on Luminara about the cost.....I see a 4 in Luminara on QVC's website for $34 H309005 and a 6 in $51 regular price H212650 $85 would be your total at regular price....at Home Depot 4in is $54 each, even at BBB I paid $39 for one with no remote.  And I hate that Luminara puts in the remote that most of us dont need which drives up the price....

Martha has a set of 4 in and 6 in pillar set Luminara for $54 H216615 very reasonable for two....and other Luminara sets she has are reasonably priced too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Her candles are very pricey.  At least Luminara has a deal once in a while.  I bought the set of three in two candles that were priced well around the holidays.  I also bought another set as a gift for my niece.  

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Here they are.  Only $87.46 including S&H for both these beauties.

nautical rope candle.JPG

SERIOUSLY?????????? WHAT A RIP-OFF.

Honored Contributor

As others have noted, Luminara is making 'her' candles. Add that to putting her name to them, and that is why they are all so much more expensive. 

I have to say I've never been a fan of figural candles, and I'm seeing quite a few on Q again recently. I think they look silly most times, especially with the real flame look on top. (as opposed to the candle impressions figurals of days gone by, that just lit from within, and seemed more like a lighted piece of decor than an actual burning candle). I mean how often does one see a ball of yarn on fire, or a sea shell on fire? Just not appealing to me.

I just don't care for Martha Stewart. Never have. I admire her and respect what she has done with her life, especially the comeback, but just not a fan of her, and can't bring myself to pay such high prices for things that are made by Q's same old same old vendors, with her name slapped on it.

Respected Contributor

The most recent of Martha's candles I've bought (the egg shapes and the pastels brought in most recently) have remotes that allow you to program the burn time. This may not be new to Luminara but none of the others I own have this feature. All my other Luminara have to be set with the switch on the bottom of the candle.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hookedonq wrote:

Well, I am in the Martha camp, to the extent that I enjoy her on TV. While she certainly wears her mood on her sleeve, I frankly appreciate the authenticity of her rather than a constantly smiling, selling, yelling celebrity. She certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly, but she reminds me of Christina Carlino back in the old BE days...knows her stuff and will not become a Dennis Basso or Lori Goldstein hawker. Regarding the candles, I agree the pricing is too much, but recognize with any celebrity, QVC pays them a royalty so the customer pays that "upcharge".

@hookedonq   Christina was the Philosophy woman not BE. 

Respected Contributor

I think the Martha candles are great and if one is willing to spend the money....great.

I'm not. There are simply too many great candles out there with much better pricing. It is all in what makes one comfortable.