Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart & Scott Brothers

@nomar wrote:

i will jump in here with my 2 cents worth. Since I am retired and seem to run around in the same clothes most of the time and do not use my closet full of clothes from the past, I should not even be looking at clothes on the Q. But yesterday I happened upon Martha's shows. Her "tent" looking blouses were on clearance prices and the white blouse called to me. I waited too long and had to settle on a denim color to try. Then i started looking at Denim and Co. Susan Graver, Women with Control, etc. and frankly they have all raised prices to the point I will not pay, only if they are marked down. i have all of Martha's ruanas and the quality is excellent along with the other lines I mentioned, but prices have taken a huge jump in the last couple years. As far as her outside garden ornament animals and the Scott Brothers huge flower pots they sold a couple years ago, I am finding from reading the reviews they have been duped by their manufacturers that these things will hold up in the garden in the elements. They do not if you live in extreme weather conditions. I keep all the very nice garden ornaments from Martha in the house or under a covered paio only in warm weather. My huge Scott Brother pots have held up a couple years due to spraying with a sealer and keeping on gravel in hopes they will not crumble as many reviews indicated. Higher prices and less quality seems to be the way things are going with so many items.

@nomar 

QVC's clothing prices have become OUTRAGEOUS....they need to quit comparing their prices to Boutiques and the highest end stores...that is not where most people shop....better prices elsewhere even in Department Stores.....And the quality of some of QVC's clothing lines is lacking, sizing inconsistent, fabriciation on some is chintzy....  But at least Martha's line is one of those that still insists on QUALITY~

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The Scott Brothers merchandise is overpriced anywhere it is sold and the quality is questionable.

They should have stayed with demolition and remake.

Respected Contributor

Scott Brothers are at my local Kohls.  Still overpriced but at least you can use a 30 percent coupon and also have items on clearance.  They have a line of candles out also, but only one wick.  In my opinion not as good as the ones I get from Big Lots for 4.99

Valued Contributor

I thought Martha's show on with Jayne & Pat was a good show.Nice items.So funny when showing pants Pat said makes your bum look smaller & Martha called her out & said you know small butts are not in style girl!
Contributor

Yes, that's right. Those shows are at least 10 years old. It was on the Hallmark channel.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

Oh, I so hope it's not true that Martha is leaving.  I love the holiday items I have bought from her, so much nicer and better quality than any of the other vendors I've purchased from.  And I love all the uniquely shaped candles she brings for the holidays, all the gourd candles, pumpkin candles, skeleton candles, etc.  It makes sense though because I, too, have been looking for her on the schedule with spring and Easter quickly approaching and haven't seen any shows for her.

@itsmetoo  Everything you mentioned is what drew me to MS.  I don't like her clothing line, but oh those Halloween items and the different designs, colors and quality of her Luminara candles for different seasons are superior.  Her seasonal items are not those cheesy looking items, they are really classy. Bought a bunch last fall for Halloween, fall harvest and holiday. I have pumpkin candles, pinecone candles, illuminated pumpkins for outdoors, etc. etc.  And she, by far makes the absolute best garden gloves ever.  Have several of her faux boie planters. I bought multiples last fall when they were sale items. They all are so so classy!

The items from Scott Brothers are of no interest...I ordered some towels and sheets from them when they first were on QVC and returned...not the least bit impressed!