Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart - Halloween - On Now!

I agree the stuff is pricey but everything I have bought from Martha here on QVC has been very high quality. Even her packaging has been some of the best I have gotten. I personally don’t mind paying more for such nice things. No one does it like Martha.
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

The problem with Martha, she always has so many things I like.  Not at all a problem, but it is for my wallet.  

I love the witch, cauldron, cat, and tree.  

As happens with all celebs that qvc brings, their products are marked up beyond the usual. So many things these celebs sell are just made by the same vendors that are already on Q, like Berkshire, Luminara etc. then marked up because the celeb's name is on them. 

That said, I did see a lot of things that I liked, but I don't decorate for Halloween so no sales for me. I really liked the pine cone candles......I think anyway. I still don't quite get a flame coming out of the top of a pumpkin, a pine cone or a turkey. Lit from within, yes, but that Luminara flame on top? I don't know, it's kind of strange.

Trusted Contributor

Went online to other websites and found most of her items for Halloween much cheaper.  Too overpriced for me.  But enjoy if you bought.  

Frequent Contributor

DSCF4111.JPGI made this witch from Martha's pattern from a few years ago.  If I didn't already have it, I would have wanted her QVC witch.  Mine is made from wood, and I have orange fairy lights on the back of it so I can see the outline of the witch against the wall at night.  Very spooky!

Trusted Contributor

@Hetty wrote:

DSCF4111.JPGI made this witch from Martha's pattern from a few years ago.  If I didn't already have it, I would have wanted her QVC witch.  Mine is made from wood, and I have orange fairy lights on the back of it so I can see the outline of the witch against the wall at night.  Very spooky!

@Hetty That turned out great! Looks like all that detail would be hard to cut out of wood. Great job.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  It was a fun project.  I projected the pattern onto the wood and traced it, then cut it out with a scroll saw. 

I did buy Martha's cauldron candle.  I love witchy stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Mazie G wrote:
I agree the stuff is pricey but everything I have bought from Martha here on QVC has been very high quality. Even her packaging has been some of the best I have gotten. I personally don’t mind paying more for such nice things. No one does it like Martha.

@Mazie G  I agree. High quality counts for me. Of course you will pay more. 

Not talking of MS products, but in general, everyone wants their products made in USA, so be prepared to pay.

Contributor

I finally got around on opening my black tree. I am really happy with it. It is as cute as it was on the show. The base is really heavy, and the lights twinkle really nice on that setting.

Trusted Contributor

@Hetty wrote:

Thanks!  It was a fun project.  I projected the pattern onto the wood and traced it, then cut it out with a scroll saw. 

I did buy Martha's cauldron candle.  I love witchy stuff.

@Hetty 

I'm even more impressed that you made it!  I love witches too!  Great job!