Respected Contributor

Was anyone watching 'Wheel of Fortune' the other night when the woman won the brand new home in one of Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville home communities? 

That's the biggest prize I've ever seen anyone win.  I think its wonderful and I like those style of homes.  I'm sure the community is pricey w/fees and all for the amenities they have, but still - if she owns a home now and wants to make a permanent move, that's all $$ in the bank after she sells. 

Anyway, she was in shock, and I think I would be too.  I love when people win big on TV!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN   saw that - Wheel has a house every night this week.  I didn't hear why and don't know if anyone else has hit that jackpot.

Respected Contributor

I like Wheel but have not watched it lately.  I had never heard of a Margaritaville home so I googled one.  I like that style of home too.  Would be so nice to win one.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Re: Margaritaville Home

[ Edited ]

That was amazing!

I always watch the end of WOF.  

Honored Contributor

Saw it the other night when the guy won the house ahd JB came out . Don't think the winner knew who JB was.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I saw 2 House Winners in the past 2 weeks. Fantastic prize.

I don't think the first winner had any idea who Jimmy Buffet was when he walked out to surprise him.

Honored Contributor

Are these winners expected to pack up all their possessions and move? I'm pretty sure that I'd not want to do that.

Frequent Contributor

If financially feasible for the winner, it would be a great second home  or as a vacation rental.

Honored Contributor

I'd not look a gift home in the mouth but most of the locations for these houses wouldn't be my choice, though I'm sure they're all nice. Moreover, with some exceptions, most of them appear to be 'snout' houses, single family but built close together, somewhat cookie cutter, with huge garages fronting the house. Hey, I'd be happy to win since any of them would likely beat my condo, even if it was just to flip it for something I'd prefer in a different location.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'd not look a gift home in the mouth but most of the locations for these houses wouldn't be my choice, though I'm sure they're all nice. Moreover, with some exceptions, most of them appear to be 'snout' houses, single family but built close together, somewhat cookie cutter, with huge garages fronting the house. Hey, I'd be happy to win since any of them would likely beat my condo, even if it was just to flip it for something I'd prefer in a different location.

I've never heard that term before, but yes, these new communities are built quite close to one another on maybe .25 acre lots - if that.  Still, its a brand new home and I assume if you won it and didn't want it, it would be yours to sell.  Not sure what the tax implications of that would be, but still...I think the communities were either at Hilton Head in SC or Daytona Beach in FL - not too shabby!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing