Honored Contributor

Re: Mallemo, I can't find that sphere stand at WM

On 4/23/2014 mallemo said:
On 4/23/2014 Nana5 said:
On 4/22/2014 Nana5 said:
On 4/22/2014 mallemo said:

I found it! Here you go...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Metal-Gazing-Ball-Stand-Black/22890006

Thanks so much. It's not available on-line but it is available at another WM in my area so I'll go there tomorrow. Thanks again for tracking down the number/web location.

So I trekked to my WM this morning, searched the garden department and found ONE of these stands. I would have gotten two but they had only one. It's sitting in my living room with two spheres in it and it looks lovely. But I need to figure out how to keep it standing and to keep the spheres safe if/when I put it outside. We live in the country and get very strong winds/wind gusts. It will need to be anchored to the ground in some way.

THANKS mallemo for posting the item number. It helped me find it.

Great! I'm so glad you found at least one. I'm sure there must be some way to get it secured to the ground. Do they sell some sort of horseshoe type anchors I wonder?

They do sell horseshoe pins. They are about 3" long. I think I got them at Lowe's with the drip irrigation supplies. I got some putty at Hobby Lobby that is meant to hang posters but it's also great to keep things where you want them (think cats). I use a couple of small globs of it to hold gazing balls to their stands. Also keeps potted plants upright in high winds.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: Mallemo, I can't find that sphere stand at WM

On 4/25/2014 kachina624 said:
On 4/23/2014 mallemo said:
On 4/23/2014 Nana5 said:
On 4/22/2014 Nana5 said:
On 4/22/2014 mallemo said:

I found it! Here you go...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Metal-Gazing-Ball-Stand-Black/22890006

Thanks so much. It's not available on-line but it is available at another WM in my area so I'll go there tomorrow. Thanks again for tracking down the number/web location.

So I trekked to my WM this morning, searched the garden department and found ONE of these stands. I would have gotten two but they had only one. It's sitting in my living room with two spheres in it and it looks lovely. But I need to figure out how to keep it standing and to keep the spheres safe if/when I put it outside. We live in the country and get very strong winds/wind gusts. It will need to be anchored to the ground in some way.

THANKS mallemo for posting the item number. It helped me find it.

Great! I'm so glad you found at least one. I'm sure there must be some way to get it secured to the ground. Do they sell some sort of horseshoe type anchors I wonder?

They do sell horseshoe pins. They are about 3" long. I think I got them at Lowe's with the drip irrigation supplies. I got some putty at Hobby Lobby that is meant to hang posters but it's also great to keep things where you want them (think cats). I use a couple of small globs of it to hold gazing balls to their stands. Also keeps potted plants upright in high winds.

I have some metal tent stakes that work very well to anchor plant/sphere holders to the ground.