Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Malden Mills

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

@Venezia  I love the sewn on material!!!!   I read the reviews of people thinking this was a flaw.  It was NOT a flaw.  You put the seam on the fitted sheet on the top and bottom of the bed.  It makes it so easy to tell which way the fitted sheet goes.  The sewn on does not go on the sides.  On the flat sheet, you can tell which end goes at the bottom with the hem at the top.  You also line the seam of the top sheet with the bottom edge of the mattress.  That way the top sheet is straight.

I feel bad for this company when they put a lot of thought in the sheets and people think they are defective.

It makes making the bed much easier!!!

Oh, you never feel the seam since it is on the top and bottom edge of the top of the mattress.

LOVE mine!!!

@mima - I'm glad you like yours, but I saw nothing in the presentation (or online) that suggested the sheets were supposed to be this way and clearly some people got sheets that were all one piece, so it's not even consistent.

I wrote to QVC's customer service team and the response was that they couldn't explain why they were like this and apologized for me getting a defective product.

I don't need a seam at the bottom of the sheet to tell me which end is which or to make sure it's straight.  If Malden Mills did this deliberately, they should have made a point of stating that.  I prefer my sheets to be all one smooth piece of fabric.  Also, the strip of fabric tacked onto the end of my flat sheet is slightly wider than the rest of the sheet so it puckers.  I honestly thought, when I first opened it, that they'd sent me a bed ruffle!

They're going back.  (But I do appreciate you taking the time to post another viewpoint.  Thank you.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Venezia  I love the sewn on material!!!!   I read the reviews of people thinking this was a flaw.  It was NOT a flaw.  You put the seam on the fitted sheet on the top and bottom of the bed.  It makes it so easy to tell which way the fitted sheet goes.  The sewn on does not go on the sides.  On the flat sheet, you can tell which end goes at the bottom with the hem at the top.  You also line the seam of the top sheet with the bottom edge of the mattress.  That way the top sheet is straight.

I feel bad for this company when they put a lot of thought in the sheets and people think they are defective.

Oh, you never feel the seam since it is on the top and bottom edge of the top of the mattress.

LOVE mine!!!

@mima - I'm glad you like yours, but I saw nothing in the presentation (or online) that suggested the sheets were supposed to be this way and clearly some people got sheets that were all one piece, so it's not even consistent.

I wrote to QVC's customer service team and the response was that they couldn't explain why they were like this and apologized for me getting a defective product.

I don't need a seam at the bottom of the sheet to tell me which end is which or to make sure it's straight.  If Malden Mills did this deliberately, they should have made a point of stating that.  I prefer my sheets to be all one smooth piece of fabric.  Also, the strip of fabric tacked onto the end of my flat sheet is slightly wider than the rest of the sheet so it puckers.  I honestly thought, when I first opened it, that they'd sent me a bed ruffle!

They're going back.  (But I do appreciate you taking the time to post another viewpoint.  Thank you.)

Just a FYI. I think I had a different version then you have. I agree it should of been explained.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday - The ones I got (H206266) were the grid pattern.  I wouldn't normally buy anything but the smooth PolarFleece, but they were on clearance and I wanted another set.

Oh well.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

LOVE mine!!!

I bought some sheets at Sam's Club several years ago that I think are just like what you all are describing. And yes indeed, they are wonderful. The head and foot portion of the fitted sheet is a different material and makes it so easy to get the sheet on right the first time. The material is also more 'gripping' so I don't have the problem of the fitted sheet slipping off the mattress. 

I thought it was the best invention, and with a headboard and footboard, you never see that different fabric.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio - In this case, the material sewn on is exactly the same material the rest of the sheets are made from.  Which is why it makes no sense, other than they ran short while making the sheet and pieced it together to make up the correct length.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Mominohio - In this case, the material sewn on is exactly the same material the rest of the sheets are made from.  Which is why it makes no sense, other than they ran short while making the sheet and pieced it together to make up the correct length.

The material that was sewn on mine was also the same material.

The ones I got last year that were just normal fleece were also made this way. 

I never touch the seam when I am laying in the bed and you never see it other than when making it.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@mima wrote:

LOVE mine!!!

@Venezia, I completely agree with you.  I bought the sheets a couple of years ago and they were sewn like this.  I didn't like and sent them right back. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia...I am not sure but I think that extra piece of fabric is supposed to help the sheets stay tucked in.....

I would like the 'velvet' sheets you returned because of sizing issues....did you like the fabric?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Venezia...I am not sure but I think that extra piece of fabric is supposed to help the sheets stay tucked in.....

I would like the 'velvet' sheets you returned because of sizing issues....did you like the fabric?  Thanks!

@Mom2Dogs  I LOVE the fabric.  They are much nicer than my regular fleece sheets I got last year from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs - I thought the VelvetSoft fabric was okay; my DH hated it.  The flat sheet wouldn't stay put on the bed, slid all over the place and stretched like mad.  He'd find it well up over his head by morning!  That, coupled with the sizing issues, was the dealbreaker for me.  And in our home, the static in those sheets was awful. 

I didn't like it nearly as much as the regular Polarfleece, but there are others who would disagree.  If you want to try them, I'd suggest just ordering one set to see how they suit you.  That way you're not out so much money, if you don't like them.  (I ordered 3 sets because they were the TSV, but I wouldn't ever do that again.  Not worth the minimal "savings".)