New Contributor

Will there be any more Malden Mills polarfleece sets offered this season? I was hoping to purchase some as a gift .

Respected Contributor

You mean on tv?  There are Malden Mills sheet sets online here. 

Honored Contributor

Just a guess, but they are starting gardening shows this week, so I'd say what is online will be all they have. But you never know, QVC is doing some crazy things lately, so just keep searching this site, entering Malden Mills polar fleece sheets and the word new.

Honored Contributor

@TPopp

not sure which polarfleece style but I picked up the cal king set w/extra pillowcases on a great clearance price.

Id check it out online at Q.

Honored Contributor

I've been a fan of Malden Mills for the past few years, but the VelvetSoft sheets that were a recent TSV had to be sent back.  The measurements they gave on air and online weren't even close to being accurate and the fitted sheet wouldn't even cover my queen-size mattress; left a gap of several inches at one end and didn't cover the sides of the mattress.  As for the pillowcases in the queen, they barely fit a standard size pillow.  It was a struggle to get them on.  (Imagine boxing up three sets of sheets and carting them to the post office!)

I've just received a set of the fleece (H206266) and to say I'm shocked is an understatement.  When did you ever get a set of sheets that has a piece of material about two feet long stitched to the end of the flat sheet???

And the fitted sheet has panels stitched down each side.  WTH is up with that?  The material is very thin, nowhere near the quality of the other, older sets I have.

Honestly, this new set looks like something someone stitched together at home!  They never mentioned this "piecemeal" fashion during the presentations.  If the Malden Mills quality is plummeting this badly, it's the last set I'll ever buy.  And I was a former BIG fan!  Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I've been a fan of Malden Mills for the past few years, but the VelvetSoft sheets that were a recent TSV had to be sent back.  The measurements they gave on air and online weren't even close to being accurate and the fitted sheet wouldn't even cover my queen-size mattress; left a gap of several inches at one end and didn't cover the sides of the mattress.  As for the pillowcases in the queen, they barely fit a standard size pillow.  It was a struggle to get them on.  (Imagine boxing up three sets of sheets and carting them to the post office!)

I've just received a set of the fleece (H206266) and to say I'm shocked is an understatement.  When did you ever get a set of sheets that has a piece of material about two feet long stitched to the end of the flat sheet???

And the fitted sheet has panels stitched down each side.  WTH is up with that?  The material is very thin, nowhere near the quality of the other, older sets I have.

Honestly, this new set looks like something someone stitched together at home!  They never mentioned this "piecemeal" fashion during the presentations.  If the Malden Mills quality is plummeting this badly, it's the last set I'll ever buy.  And I was a former BIG fan!  Woman Sad

That is really bad. I would be sending those back at their expense. I ordered two sets of the xlong twin. I love them. But they are sold out now. My guess is they won't get more until late summer

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday - Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing, that they're defective and I'll be sending them back as such.  I wanted them because they said the pockets were 18" (and our mattress is 16" so I hoped they'd fit easily).

Did your XL twin sheets have anything like that?  I can't, for the life of me, understand how they could ever think that was acceptable quality or why the customer shouldn't be told about it in advance.

What is happening with QVC these days?

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@ccassaday - Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing, that they're defective and I'll be sending them back as such.  I wanted them because they said the pockets were 18" (and our mattress is 16" so I hoped they'd fit easily).

Did your XL twin sheets have anything like that?  I can't, for the life of me, understand how they could ever think that was acceptable quality or why the customer shouldn't be told about it in advance.

What is happening with QVC these days?

Nope. Mine were perfect and I love them. Sounds like something slipped through quality control. Sounds like you got some kind of test product for sizing or something.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Malden Mills

[ Edited ]

@Venezia  I love the sewn on material!!!!   I read the reviews of people thinking this was a flaw.  It was NOT a flaw.  You put the seam on the fitted sheet on the top and bottom of the bed.  It makes it so easy to tell which way the fitted sheet goes.  The sewn on does not go on the sides.  On the flat sheet, you can tell which end goes at the bottom with the hem at the top.  You also line the seam of the top sheet with the bottom edge of the mattress.  That way the top sheet is straight.

I feel bad for this company when they put a lot of thought in the sheets and people think they are defective.

It makes making the bed much easier!!!

Oh, you never feel the seam since it is on the top and bottom edge of the top of the mattress.

LOVE mine!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Venezia  I love the sewn on material!!!!   I read the reviews of people thinking this was a flaw.  It was NOT a flaw.  You put the seam on the fitted sheet on the top and bottom of the bed.  It makes it so easy to tell which way the fitted sheet goes.  The sewn on does not go on the sides.  On the flat sheet, you can tell which end goes at the bottom with the hem at the top.  You also line the seam of the top sheet with the bottom edge of the mattress.  That way the top sheet is straight.

I feel bad for this company when they put a lot of thought in the sheets and people think they are defective.

It makes making the bed much easier!!!

Oh, you never feel the seam since it is on the top and bottom edge of the top of the mattress.

LOVE mine!!!

That makes sense. Maybe they need to put that in the description.