Trusted Contributor

Re: Malden Mills Polarfleece sheets

@flickerbulb wrote:

Hi MTH,

I use these sheets year round. They are sunggly and the top sheet is all I need especially in the summer. I don't like to sleep with a heavy blanket or comforter even with the air conditioner on.

Oddly enough, they are not hot to sleep on. I have several sets and these will replace some that I used so  much, I wore them out!

As for being too cartoonish for an adult, they are very subtle. I will put them on the bed when I take off the My Little Pony sheets that are on there now.

I think I like them better than my Power Ranger sheets, too!Heart

ROFLMAO.  That is the best answer!!!  Seriously, thanks for the input. I may try a set. I just always figured I'd sweat down here but these are so cute.  No stuffiness here either!!

Honored Contributor

Anyone have an item number, and can we pre order?

Regular Contributor

Love the Malden Mills ...as not all fleece is created equal !  Bought the white with cardinal last year.   Only problem I have with them is storing ones not one bed - king size is alot of fleece!

Trusted Contributor

H205123

I just put four sets of sheets in the donation bag so I can justify a new, fresh set for my new, comfy bed!

Try them, you'll like them! I use them year round!

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in as loving the sheets! I use the polarfleece sheets as a top sheet in the summer so that the AC doesn't make me feel cold and I love the various patterns.  last year I bought the cardinals and the holly.

I like a change and why not have some fun!

I bought a set of India Hicks cotton sheets because I adore the colors, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@flickerbulb awesome answer!  Well done!

Trusted Contributor

Ok...I have to ask a crazy question. For those of you who have these polarfleece sheets and have pets in the house...does this type of fleece attract the animal hair?? My dogs have run of the house and I know they jump on the bed at times. It seems that I have certain fleece jackets that always seem to accumulate dog hair even if the dogs aren't around.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

Ok...I have to ask a crazy question. For those of you who have these polarfleece sheets and have pets in the house...does this type of fleece attract the animal hair?? My dogs have run of the house and I know they jump on the bed at times. It seems that I have certain fleece jackets that always seem to accumulate dog hair even if the dogs aren't around.  

I don't have the Malden Mills polar fleece but I do have 2 sets from Concierge Collection (HSN) and one set from Kohls. The Kohls set I barely use as they have pilled and yes, they attract dog hair like nothing I've ever seen.

My sets from Concierge don't collect hair anymore than other sheets I have. 

I've had 2 dogs on these sheets.  One short haird (boxer) and one longer hair (boxer mix).  My boxer mix that I have now has almost black hair that is longer and I don't find it an issue.  And she doesn't sleep on top of blankets.  She's under covers, head on pillow!  

Trusted Contributor

In answer to your question: Oh YES (capitalized on purpose)!

I had a front loading washer that had a small filter the size of my index finger at the bottom near the pump. When I washed my sheets, the hair would clog the filter and I would have to taker the washer apart every year or several months to clear the filter.

I have since reacquired my old, original top loader washer  and dryer and have no problems with that issue. So, yes, the fleece sheets hold the dog hair. I tried using one of those big hair rollers on the sheets before I washed them, but it was useless.

However, I love the sheets so much, I am willing to switch washers so that I can maintain them!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks! Heart