Super Contributor

Re: Mackenzie Childs Returns Thurs June 21!

[ Edited ]

Much as I like how my M-C kitchen items add loveliness,  I would never urge anyone to buy their products because they are a good value.  Frankly, I don't think that they are, in general, a good value and that is the trade-off for their loveliness, sad but true.  Woman Frustrated

M-C manufacture a lot, if not most, of their items outside the U.S., including their decorative resin pieces.  Did that stop me from buying an adorable bunny from their website when they deeply discounted it?  Nope!  Do I even think it is "worth" the discounted pric?, Probably not LOL!  But he will be a lovely and special addition to next year's Easter mantelscape, no doubt.  (I am kind of an Easter nut.)

I have had the same complaint about their lids as many others have noted here and elsewhere.  Ironically, I have "solved' the problem for the canisters by removing the rubber gasket which they tout as creating a seal but in my experience actully makes the lids rise up off the canisters!  A friend of mine who has collected Courtly Check for decades recalls that the enamelware pieces used to be made in India and that the quality issues arose when M-C switched production to China.  If her recollection is correct, that would explain the recent quality issues to me.

While on-air, M-C's Rebecca does seem to stretch the fact that all M-C items are designed in Aurora, NY with the implication that more products are actually made there than in fact are.  I liken her stretching here to the Beekman Boys raving about their production levels in Sharon Springs, NY -- yes, the BBs should be very proud of what they do to employ people in the US but we all know that they have sizable product lines at Target and elsewhere that they manufacture overseas.  

Tsavorite, I do hope you will be very pleased with your tea kettle!  Woman Happy  I have not seen a lot of complaints about that item, compared to the canisters anyway.  You definitely will not find another one that looks like it.   IMHO the FM Black combo is exquisite and quite unique.  

Honored Contributor

@annespan wrote:

LOL, why don't any producers tell this host to stop proclaiming that buyers "are buying 3 and getting 1 free" when they buy (4) $42 mugs or plates for $168?!  Ah, Evile!

For me Neiman has won the sales contest this weekend -- F/S and 5% cash back from Mr Rebates!  Picked up some FM everyday bowls and some squashed pots for gifts -- thanks for that great idea, Chi-town girl!

Hope all M-C fans had a good time!!  Woman Very Happy

@annespan - I agree about the black FM pattern - love it! Was tempted to get the canisters but I don't need them.

I was eyeing thoae squash pots bc they have versatility and for gifting.  I thought the FM sale was good. I'm glad to have picked up some good buys

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I ordered the white Flower Market glass cookie jar on 6/22, and the EDD is 7/3.  It's taking a week and a half to get here.  I'm so used to Amazon's two day shipping that this will be a long wait for me.  I know QVC takes a long time, too, but I rarely order from them.

I'll be patient, but I'm really looking forward to getting it.

Does anyone have the squash pot?  I'm thinking of ordering the Parchment Check for my bathroom for cotton squares.  Is it a good size for the bathroom?  I have the Parchment Check canisters and love them.  I have the white Flower Market tea kettle and love it, too.  I also have a white Flower Market large box that I have in the kitchen.  It's hard to describe it.  My favorite M-C item that I have is the tassel with the bird on it.  Evine has the bird in red, but mine is black with a little gold on it.  I have it hanging from a key on a display cabinet.  

Does anyone have the squash pot?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Has anyone's orders started coming in?  I ordered the Flower Market glass cookie jar on Friday the 22nd and received it today, Wed. the 27th.  I think that's pretty fast shipping.  I love the cookie jar.

-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey NickNack, IMHO the Squashed Pots are the highlight of the M-C enamelware line.  If you are a fan of Parchment Check, I think you will be thrilled to own it as a Squashed Pot!

The White Flower Market SP on my vanity holds about a full third of a bag of cotton balls.  I have SPs all over the house and use them for everything from storing kitty treats to simple display -- yah I am pretty obsessed with this design!  The shape is distinctive and lovely and the scale really showcases the glass knobs.   

Enjoy your new cookie jar!!  

Honored Contributor

I have the WORST luck!  I can't view Evine's website on my computer, my DH's computer or even my phone!  Ugh.  So I'm totally out of the loop for the deals Evine is having.

Of course I just read the FM cookie jar was $43 recently (and sold out), but I had to order mine from MC directly and paid $58 and it's on backorder.  Ugh.

One thing they have that I'm in LOVE with are the vinyl floor mats.  I bought two 2'x3' for front and back door.  Now realizing I could've used the 3'x5' so I caught one on sale at their website.  (Sale goes till tomorrow.)  But what I really like is you can wipe them off and they only take a second to dry.  So it's a nice place to set your shoes when you come in.  And it's not like a rug that you have to throw in the washer every day or two. Very pretty in the Florabundance and the Chicken themed one.  Plus I have one in the courtly check that has the diamond shaped black design as opposed to the checkerboard.

If anyone is buying their MC from Neiman Marcus, ebates offers 10% cash back.  

Enjoy your Mackenzie-Childs!

Honored Contributor

@annespan wrote:

Hey NickNack, IMHO the Squashed Pots are the highlight of the M-C enamelware line.  If you are a fan of Parchment Check, I think you will be thrilled to own it as a Squashed Pot!

The White Flower Market SP on my vanity holds about a full third of a bag of cotton balls.  I have SPs all over the house and use them for everything from storing kitty treats to simple display -- yah I am pretty obsessed with this design!  The shape is distinctive and lovely and the scale really showcases the glass knobs.   

Enjoy your new cookie jar!!  

Thank you @annespan!  I'm still considering it.  It sounds like they really hold a lot and may be larger than what I'm picturing, which would be fine.

-Henry David Thoreau