Honored Contributor

I've seen these products over the years BUT what I'm wondering - Why are the prices so HIGH for enamelware? 

I watched her presentations on Evine & I believe she explained the floral pieces are "decals" but check print is "handpainted".  I have lots of enamelware pieces (not MC) I've had for ages some pieces from my grandmother they are "speckled" style.  The pillows & home/furniture were nice also.

I saw a few pieces I liked but NO way would I pay these prices (of course, that's just me) even on value pays offered. 

I can imagine how beautiful and colorful ones home would be with these beautiful pieces.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MacKenzie Childs home decor

I live about an hour away from their headquarters. When you see all their stuff in one place, they’re gorgeous. I recently bought a huge pitcher that looks like something out of Alice in Wonderland. I’m not sure what Evine is selling but the products that I’ve seen have been VERY special and unique,

Trusted Contributor

I have several beautiful pieces that my son got for me about 25 years ago. At this time MC was a young growing company of artisans.  It khas continued to grow and gain recognition worldwide.    It now also has several stores, including in NYC.  It is sold at Neiman-Marcus, etc.    

I would suggest you might enjoy looking at their website.   I think you will find the answers to most of your questions there.  If this is your style I think you would enjoy a trip to visit the area.  Central NY is a beautiful area to visit with much to see and do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They really are extremely expensive, but they're very nice.  I have a few pieces that I've bought over the years and some pieces have been given to me as gifts.  I have the three canisters in the parchment check that my sister gave to me piece by piece as gifts.  She also gave me the tea kettle in the flower market.  I have an outdoor thermometer in the parchment check that was another gift.  I also have a parchment check pet bowl that I use for my dog's water.  They don't make it anymore in that line, so I'm really glad I bought it when I did.  I don't think I have any of the ceramic pieces, but they are very nice, too.  Everyone compliments my canister set, and I really love it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Gram W

What town in central New York?

Trusted Contributor

@panda1234.  Aorora, NY, the home of Wells College.   The farm is south of town.  All the information and pictures are on their website.  You might enjoy looking at the pictures.  It is really a beautiful location.  You will want your camera for the beautiful scenery no matter what direction you come from.

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian.  I had not thought of it but you are right.  The perfect settings for the tea party in Alice In Wonderland.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who lives in Ithaca ( near Aurora ) and she love this line so much, that she always gives it as gifts. Not everyone appreciates it like she does, it is for a very specific taste, IMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I couldn’t see myself decorating an entire home with MC but for a whimsical touch here and there, I enjoy what I bought. I remember seeing a bathroom sink in their showroom. All I could think at the time was that my toddler granddaughter would have loved it.

Respected Contributor

The prices for MC are high for the same reason non-leather louis vuitton bags are over $1000.   Brand.  

On the other hand, I have seen more and more MC pieces at decor co-ops locally.  (I live in the Rochester NY area.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York