Honored Contributor

Re: MacKenzie-Childs - Evine

@Mominohio wrote:

Doesn't anyone wonder if they are coming to Evine, that perhaps it will be a lesser quality line to keep the price point in line with what customers there expect?

Maybe not, but that would be my first thought.

Yes definitely @Mominohio.  I said in an earlier post that I hoped this wasn't a made for Evine line.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Doesn't anyone wonder if they are coming to Evine, that perhaps it will be a lesser quality line to keep the price point in line with what customers there expect?

@Mominohio I don't expect the same quality.  I'm always interested when a high end brand creates a lower priced line.  Often, the design quality is the same even while the materials are of lesser quality which means I might be able to enjoy the design at a much cheaper price...possibly a reasonable trade-off.  We will see, I guess.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio Right before the MacKenzie Childs sold their company, I noticed many of the pieces "made in china"...they are just painted in Aurora...

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I love the black and white checked MacKenzie Childs items!!!

My friend gave me a MC lamp..I treasure it!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Evine hasn't loaded any items yet.  Hopefully, after this Waterford event they've had going on, they will!

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority, I'd like to see what they have to offer that would be exclusive to Evine.

I have a few pieces, but only to add a quirkiness to the rooms as it doesn't match anything I have.

One of my sisters bought four or six of their chandelier lampshades in the pink and lime green check.  She put them on a rooster chandelier she had (not M/C's) that she'd handpainted herself in an orange/lime green check. 

It looks so neat---and better than their own version of a rooster chandelier.

How far is the Mackenzie Childs outlet from NYC?

Respected Contributor

Still checking and haven't seen any items loaded yet.  If anyone happens to check and items are available to order, please post as I'm sure many items will sell out quickly and since it will be new to Evine, they probably will have small quantities to start until they see how it sells.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Frequent Contributor

They have uploaded some items including a set they did with the beekman boys. About 10 items last I checked. 

Honored Contributor

The prices are the same as all others that carry MacKenzie-Childs. The only thing that I see different is the Beekman soap which I am not interested in. I was hoping for new and lesser price but that didn't happen.Woman Sad

Frequent Contributor

They might lower the prices during the actual shows. They did that with Julia Knight. But then maybe not.