Trusted Contributor

Re: MacKenzie-Childs - Evine

[ Edited ]

I just unboxed and washed 4 of the courtly check bath towels and the dotty hand towels..they look great in the bathroom...

My family lives about 20 minutes from their Aurora location and I always stop by when I'm in the area visiting.  

I just love looking at the catalogs...my sister and SIL just went their warehouse sale...the sales are amazing...looking forward to the shows..

DW

Honored Contributor

Their stuff is sweet and whimsical but way too expensive. For instance $88 for an umbrella. Not for me.

Honored Contributor

I have the parchment check (like the colander the bunny is in) canister set and a few other pieces.  Most were gifts.  I got an e-mail from McKenzie-Childs re: this a couple of days ago.  I am really surprised.  I hope it's the original pieces and not a line designed just for Evine that's actually not as nice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Pretty things but expensive. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 Thanks for the notice.  I never watch Evine so I would never have known.  I like M-C's design sense but not enough to pay their prices, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to Evine.

Valued Contributor

I live right near MacKenzie Childs and have been frequently to the manufacturing site, sales, etc..
Personally, I haven't been interested in this line since the original owners haven't been involved. I also have a friend  that was an artist there and she hated it. Said it was one of the worst places she has worked.
I used to go to the outlet to buy the seconds....always made me laugh that many of the "2nd's" were in better shape than the first quality pieces, only 40%-60% less...

Honored Contributor

I have a few pieces that were gifts.  I love their things.  Kuddos to Evine for bringing in different things.  It's the same old things on QVC.  Many channels with all the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't anyone wonder if they are coming to Evine, that perhaps it will be a lesser quality line to keep the price point in line with what customers there expect?

Maybe not, but that would be my first thought.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Doesn't anyone wonder if they are coming to Evine, that perhaps it will be a lesser quality line to keep the price point in line with what customers there expect?

Maybe not, but that would be my first thought.

If the host on Evine says...Made especially for us....it will not be the same for sure.

Respected Contributor

It's  definitely a high end brand 

I'm curious about quality and price points