Honored Contributor

This very short video on coffee table styling from the Design Network might be my favorite of all.

I like that the designer acknowledges the practical-- like that, in many cases, people will have their feet up on the coffee table-- what then?

In that short space of time, she really shows some wow looks.  And I so agree with one of her principles, which is, try to vary the materials of what you put on the table.  Metal, glass, ceramic, organic, books, etc.  Really grabs your interest.

My favorite is that fabulous horse!  And the dreamy art glass vases...

Off topic-- I love the designer's personal style too--  her glasses, short hair, the hit of red.  None of those looks are "me", but I enjoy them when styled so attractively...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjomwZLxtNc

Honored Contributor

I can appreciate the different ways to decorate a coffee table.  In fact I have many collectibles/antiques I could arrange on the right table.  I already have books on my lamp tables with family photos perched on top,, that is a way to display my old books.  The problem I have with a coffee table is that I do not have the room for one!  I decided awhile ago to not have one and I am used to it now.  However, for those who do have coffee tables, they are definitely fun to decorate in your taste and style.

Honored Contributor

I don't like traditional coffee tables so I use an antique low chest. It has a vase of fresh flowers, a couple books, and an ornate Asian box for junk. I don't put my feet on it, or any table. That seems poor manners to me.

Honored Contributor

I love an interesting coffee table. I do switch things up with the seasons and Holidays to keep it looking different.