Honored Contributor

MONTECITO, CALIFORNIA LIVING ROOM

Designer Matthew O'Dorisio has a soft, sort of "old-California" style here.  What a pleasant room.  Has a lot of elements I'm always drawn to--  gentle color palette, comfort, arched fireplace surround, curated pottery, iron, beams, oversize art, indoor-outdoor feeling. 

hbx050123mattodorisio-010-64557757ea631.jpg

Pretty exterior of the four bedroom, 1920's house.  Even has a turret.

hbx050123mattodorisio-002-64557674b2fec (2).jpg

And airy bedroom.

hbx050123mattodorisio-009-64557939877a5 (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: MONTECITO, CALIFORNIA LIVING ROOM

Very, very nice.

Honored Contributor

What a lovely home!  The living room looks comfortable, so spacious, the art work, shelves filled with decor between the windows, drapes which I always love, and books on the coffee table, all so appealing.  I also like the different type furniture to relax on.  The bedroom serves its purpose, a nice place to relax and sleep in.  All in all very pretty!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

overall a very pretty, inviting, relaxing home, although i wonder how many people actually use their living rooms these days? we use ours maybe 2 or 3 times a year. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It seems very peaceful. Can't find anything I dislike.

Honored Contributor

I could force myself, DH and our two boys 🐈‍⬛🐈 to live there if had to.  😊

Respected Contributor

@Oznell @Lovely!  I especially like the bedroom but Inwould have to untuck that bed!  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful home..love the colors used. It is inviting, not stuffy, and peaceful.

The exterior is also lovely.

@Lilysmom1...I too would untuck the bed.

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful exterior....love it!

I would tweak a couple of small things in the living room.  I'd change the window treatments to something a little darker to balance out that side of the room.  Same for the painting over the fireplace.  Speaking of the fireplace, I'd prefer a clean square edge but I'm guessing there are arches like this throughout the house.  

The bedroom appears soft and serene.  I'd prefer a different headboard...one without a print (or a different one).  Same for the frame under the mattress.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Beautiful, spacious home, love the colors-very soft and soothing! Love the exterior as well..