Honored Contributor

Re: MINNESOTA HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Very pretty overall and love the home itself but there’s too much white white white.

The wicker and rattan have to go.  Hate them. LOL. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I could live here, but especially love that first pic!!  Serenity...........

Honored Contributor

@Oznell That's my kind of traditional.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I'd have to dump the dining table, but the rest is lovely!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

There are things I'd change, aren't there always Smiley Very Happy but overall, I adore this home. They pretty much had me with the soothing patio, the lake view and the hydrangeas, and it just got better from that point. 

In addition, I like that the front door does not open up to the stairs coming right down towards the open door or it appears that the stairs are reversed.  Thanks, @Oznell ! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell   The goose was a swan I found out! And it has it's head over the back like yours. It was reduced once and due to several rubbed places on the bottom she reduced it again. I like it burnished and would rather not polish it. She said Wen brass polish if I decide to.
  I put it on the mantle that's stained wood next to a potted neutral beach  type plant and she's sleeping. She blends in.  It's almost 12" long and 5 " at highest part of the neck. Regular price was over $80. With discount $42.48. I don't know how to send a photo with I pad, but it probably looks better in person. 
  Thank you so much for your lovely photos of beautiful houses and rooms. I enjoy rearranging items seasonally and am always changing things. It's good to have ideas without purchasing magazines!

🪴 🦢 🥰

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1,  I wondered that too, since as you note, Minnesota is spangled with so many beautiful lakes, even in the suburbs.  They didn't mention which one this was, unfortunately.

@1Snickers--   So you have a swan!  Thanks for reporting back.  Sounds like you found the perfect spot for it, good!   Agreed, one of the great joys is arranging, and rearranging, and arranging....

Respected Contributor

Absolutely magnificent...the architecture, ceilings, woodwork, paneling, etc. makes this home warm, welcoming and just marvelous.  Furnishings, color brings out and shows off the incredible architectural design.  Stunning!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

I love the 1st 2 pics & the last 2 pics the best .. of course, it goes without saying those adorable pups look like a match made in heaven.  They're super sweet!  That porch with the fantastic views would be my outdoor space as much as possible (weather permitting.)  I think the living room & den? look quite comfy.  I do think there are so many accessories that I'd need to remove a lot of them.  Also, the entrance area (where the dogs greet everyone) & the loads of windows & doors give the home an airy, light-filled atmosphere.  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 

It's not just you .. there're a "few" of us out there.  Woman Wink