Honored Contributor

Re: MARTHA STEWART NEW ABC TV SHOW!

@Mz iMac wrote:

Is she making up for lost time for the time she spent in prison?   Acorrding to Wiki & other various sites, she's worth $400 million.  

Looks like crime does pay! whistling.gif

@Mz iMac 

Well, she served 5 months in jail for insider trading and two years probation.   

Clearly, afterwards, she picked herself up and dusted herself off.  

I read that while in prison she spent the whole time teaching her fellow inmates how to cook and do lots of other "Martha" things ...  and I'm speculating that "a good time was had by all" ... lol.   

Honored Contributor

This might be fun. I'll check it out. Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What I like about Martha whether its from Kmart or QVC....whether its clothing or home decor or kitchen items, her stuff is always TOP QUALITY!!!  Some may be a bit more expensive but you will have the item for years and years unlike other home vendors where its a miracle that the item even made it through a year before it starts falling apart---some products from other vendors are so cheaply made but the price tag is still very high! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I admire Martha, her success, her ability to reinvent herself and to overcome obstacles. Most of us have made mistakes, some let those mistakes define them, but she hasn't and I say good for her. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I admire Martha, her success, her ability to reinvent herself and to overcome obstacles. Most of us have made mistakes, some let those mistakes define them, but she hasn't and I say good for her. 

@stevieb 

She roles with what life throws at her, puts the mistakes behind her and moves toward a better goal and succeeds.  I like how the show showed her intermingling with the shoppers and interacting with them, chatting about their purchases and even taking photos with them.  Making sure the shopper had a good time. And it was funny she took a few items back she decided she wanted to keep.   Most people think of her as being cold, but I think she's really just more of an "action person" and focused on getting things done rather than being an "emotional person"......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I turned this program off.  Boring the first 30 to 40 minutes.  It's not what I thought it would be.  I'll watch my Heartland program tonight on UP.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've been a Martha admirer for many years, but I have to say that this yard sale show was an eye opener and not at all flattering for her.  I understand that the proceeds went to a good cause, but all that hoarding says something about a person.  It seems like gluttony and greed, and reflects an inner sense of unhappiness, in my opinion. 

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

If she didn't sell a thing, the ticket sales alone would be enough to pay some of the help. I wonder who she hired to handle the sale.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

If she didn't sell a thing, the ticket sales alone would be enough to pay some of the help. I wonder who she hired to handle the sale.

@Duckncover  she also had to pay for the buses to bus the people onto her property from the parking area and pay to get any pieces that couldn't be carried the two miles to parking.