Honored Contributor

Re: MANDEVILLE CANYON LIVING ROOM

A house in Benedict or Mandeville Canyon......would cost three times more than what I paid in Phoenix (if you want to know WHY I live in the desert).........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I took another look and in addition to my earlier thougts I'd add that it's an attractive room with good bones and lovely elements, it's just that there are so many of them. The room is appearing a bit over-stuffed. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Very appealing lovely room.  They certainly made the most of it!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I love this room because it is spacious and light and has color.  The darker blue couch against the wall is beautiful and I love the drapes !!!  The only pieces I would change are the table and two chairs facing out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Benedict Canyon house on Cielo Dr. where the Tate murders took place was torn down in the early 1990's & the address of the lot where it stood was changed from 10050 to 10066 & then, a huge mansion was built on it.

Joni Mitchell lived in Laurel Canyon (& I think she still owns the house, though she now lives in Bel-Air)

Mandeville Canyon is located west of the San Diego Fwy (405) whereas the other canyons mentioned are east of it.

Edited because I had the new changed address of Cielo Dr. wrong, it's now 10066 not 10060.

Honored Contributor

Thanks very much for so thoroughly filling us in, @aubnwa01 --  very interesting.   I'm sort of a geography nerd and love to picture where things are on a map....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read somewhere online recently that the home at 3301 Waverly Dr. in Los Feliz, where Leno & Rosemary LaBianca lived (& died-the following night after the Tate killings) was sold recently. 

ETA: The address of this one has been changed at some point also, to 3311.

Honored Contributor

I like the space and architectural details, but I don't love the furnishings. I like the window seat & plants. The colors are relaxing. 

Respected Contributor

Beautiful, large, open room.  I like the colors used & all the large windows & french doors.  I'd remove some of the furnishings though.  thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Too much blue for me.  I don't care for this room at all.

kindness is strength