Respected Contributor

Re: MAGAZINE "PAINT COLOR" ISSUE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  I chose Benjamin Moore Linen White, and I'm happy with it.

Added: My realtor on the West Coast had stated that she saw a trend using ivory wall paint with white trim. It went in one ear and out the other ear with me then. Lol.

I'm surprised that I like it because I had intended to use gray, blues, & greens on the walls. Instead, the ivory serves as a canvas for my blue, green, & gray furniture and accessories.

Honored Contributor

I'm a subscriber to HGTV magazine and have been for years.  I enjoy seeing the different trends even though most everything is not within my taste zone!!!!  I do like the paint suggestions and a couple of other regular articles.  

My kitchen desperately needs a paint job and I am leaning toward a light peach.  Maybe I will find something similar in the magazine.  I subscribe to a few different magazines and sometimes they pile up before I go through them.  I have always been a magazine subscriber and a newspaper subscriber and still am.  

Thanks for sharing this, Oznell, it sounds like Samplize is a great idea and practical!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

"Linen White",  good choice for throughout the house, @Desert Lily --   such a rich, creamy classic!   I really like it, and with your greens and blues, lovely.

That is exciting that you are contemplating a kitchen paint job, @spiderw .   Your color leaning, pale peach, intrigues me-- hope you'll update later on the project.

Super Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Oznell  I chose Benjamin Moore Linen White, and I'm happy with it.

Added: My realtor on the West Coast had stated that she saw a trend using ivory wall paint with white trim.

I just had the exterior of my house painted.  I used a Benjamin Moore creamy white called Bavarian Cream and the trim is all a clean true white called Chantilly Lace.  The contrast is very subtle and I love it.  My 150 year old front double doors are in Olive Martini. Love the colors and I love all the paint names.

Honored Contributor

Love all these warm whites and creams, @BklynKinsey !  I also enjoy the names.  Anything with "olive" in it grabs my attention-- have often wondered about "Tate Olive".   Your doors sound wonderful.

Trusted Contributor

Sherwin Williams will send you up to ten paint sample stickers for free. I ordered ten colors of white...such a hard thing to choose! 

Honored Contributor

Wow, thanks for that tip about 10 free Sherwin Williams paint sample stickers, @Duckncover .   That is a real money saver.

Respected Contributor

I am in the process of hiring a painter and have been overwhelmed with the number of  "white" paints! I ordered some samples and am still waiting for one to catch my eye...so far, everything is too gray or too tan. In our area,  "gray is passé, as they say!"