Honored Contributor

Lunchtime Special Beaded Fruit Candlestick!

This is a terrific, deep burnished gold candlestick, perfect for all your flameless pillar candles.  The beaded fruit is chunky, substantial, and quite versatile, as you can make it work for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas.  It's on a lunchtime price of $16.65!

I ordered one last year;  was impressed and ordered another.  Took off the red velvet bows and substituted in a rustic, sort of homespun dark green ribbon.

You can even take the fruit off the candle!  So I have one without, the better to see that handsome burnished golden finish.  Am using the fruit from that in a shallow wooden bowl with other ornaments.  And the other candlestick I left with the fruit on it is part of my dining table centerpiece now...

What I love is that it can be festive, holiday-ready, but it is very handsome to use all year long.  It almost has that slightly exagerrated, "stage-set" look that I love.  Anyway, I wrote a fulsome review of it which you will see if you look up the candlestick:

http://www.qvc.com/Beaded-Fruit-Candlestick-with-Berries%2C-Pine%2C-and-Eucalyptus.product.H203547.h...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lunchtime Special Beaded Fruit Candlestick!

@Oznell I've had this for about three or four years. It's sitting in my kitchen as I type this. I did change out the bow, otherwise it's really cute.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I love this item also. I got two from "as is" this year and just got two more. It's very festive. I don't think the bw is terrible but I prefer a Christmas plaid.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @froggy, Christmas plaid would be beautiful with that antiqued gold!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, yes, @froggy, Christmas plaid would be beautiful with that antiqued gold!

@Oznell  Christmas plaid is what I used for mine and it made a huge difference in the look. Very pretty.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  This is the ribbon I used for the new bow. Not crazy about this candle with it, but didn't have a short one in another color.

1212171631_Burst01.jpg

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep, your choice of plaid is stunning with the finish of your candlestick!  Plaid is one of my essentials at Christmas, and your version is especially beautiful.

I also notice that in your photo you can see the richness of the variegated antiqued gold finish on the candlestick, which is consistent with mine as well in real life.

The QVC photos, by contrast, don't seem to show the finish quite as well or true-to-life, at least not on my monitor.

Thanks for sharing that!

Honored Contributor

Did Jill bring those candle holders back this year?  I bought them several years ago and  thought they had discontinued them.  I've seen several items in 'as is' that I didn't think was around any more.

I removed the bow and the beaded fruit and just use mine with a candle ring all year.  They are sturdy and fit in with lots of different pieces.  I do like your plaid bows, very festive and pretty.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo, good question.  They are still available, but I'm thinking maybe they didn't make any new ones-- these are probably what is left from a few seasons ago?

I agree with you about how sturdy they are.  I like the substantial, weighty feel of them.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Oznell I've had this for about three or four years. It's sitting in my kitchen as I type this. I did change out the bow, otherwise it's really cute.

@pattypeep  I've had these a long time too.  They are very versatile, easy to remove the beaded fruit and use all year with or without a candle ring.  I'm a beaded fruit nut and still use the original I got when it first came out years ago.  I just wash it in cool water and it's still as pretty as ever.  I have grapes, apples, pears, oranges, Bananas and more, large and small. If I see it in flea markets I can't pass it up if it's salvageable.