Honored Contributor

I could enjoy sitting there enjoying a shrimp salad and a slow gin fizz or another cool refreshing cocktail and sitting around chatting with the girlfriends.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

That looks lovely.  Though technically, that is a deck, not a lanai.

Lanais are covered overhead.  We have one and we call it our cave, because that is what it seems like to us!

@Puppy Lips  I think I did actually know that but I guess I've been watching too many Golden Girls reruns... 

Woman Wink

@stevieb I watch that show on occassion too, late at night.  That was a good show.  But sometimes is makes me sad too - the whole aging thing and losing your spouse kind of gets to me.  The actresses were terrific.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I do not think that is a lanai

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I do not think that is a lanai

No, It's not. It's either a patio, deck or terrace. I can't tell which from the photograph, but right now I'm leaning toward it being a deck...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Feeling the breezes.....  a dream-like spot.  Handsome, classic outdoor furniture, and blues and greens to punctuate the setting.    I like that they did that simple, non-obstructing, white post railing--  you feel like there's almost nothing between you and the limitless sea.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Patriot3  @shoptilyadropagain  Well, tell you what, while others are enjoying the seafood, I'll make sure the chef prepares an alternative choice for those who don't care for it or can't eat seafood... And, or course, there'll be a dessert tray...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb 

Breathtaking view! 
Thanks for providing something on the menu that isn't  chilled seafood. 

Respected Contributor

I've known the word because it pops up now and again on crossword puzzles.

Then I actually heard it said on "The Golden Girls," so that was cool (although I don't believe that a patio is a lanai).

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Beautiful, but I'll have to spend the night.

Honored Contributor

aahhhhh- my happy place----- Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Perfect setting!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”