Honored Contributor

Re: Lunch on the Lanai...

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

That looks lovely.  Though technically, that is a deck, not a lanai.

Lanais are covered overhead.  We have one and we call it our cave, because that is what it seems like to us!

@Puppy Lips  I think I did actually know that but I guess I've been watching too many Golden Girls reruns... 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Lunch on the Lanai...

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3  @shoptilyadropagain  Well, tell you what, while others are enjoying the seafood, I'll make sure the chef prepares an alternative choice for those who don't care for it or can't eat seafood... And, or course, there'll be a dessert tray...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Patriot3  @shoptilyadropagain  Well, tell you what, while others are enjoying the seafood, I'll make sure the chef prepares an alternative choice for those who don't care for it or can't eat seafood... And, or course, there'll be a dessert tray...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb   Oh how kind of you Smiley Happy  And of course dessert!

Honored Contributor

First time ai ever heard the word lanai was on Golden Girls, had no clue what it was. They had no formal dining room in their Miami house, so most guests were served out on the lanai. 

Honored Contributor

I'm there...seafood, mimosas, Lanai or Deck....wind in my hair and sand between my toes. Love every bit of it!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Thank you for the generous invite.  I'll take you up on it, esp. in that beautiful setting & with our group of posters here.  I can hear the waves crashing already .. looking forward to meeting you all & having fun.  Now, just tell us all where to meet ??  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@stevieb   I'll bring dessert!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Now that's a spot I would love! 

Respected Contributor

I could easily live out there every hour of the day/night.

(I do have a lovely--long--balcony which is I use a tremendous amount. The plus in the picture being shown is all that lovely water!)

Valued Contributor

Ya'll scoot over.......I need a seat, as well!! LOL