Valued Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@SHOPR wrote:

I hope Susan Matthews and the hosts for this TSV are reading our replies about the color question, so that they will be descriptive and not just say something like slate, which is actually blue.  That isn't very helpful.  

When I posted the 12" photo yesterday, I didn't realize how the different sized lanterns appeared so different in color on the online images.  I realize that they will not come to us with each size being different in color, but this goes to show just how tricky lighting can be. Take a look at how different the 12" photographed when compared to the 19" lantern:

12"

19"

Well, I received the 16" slate today.  It is definitely the shade shown in the 12" and 25" photos. Maybe a wee bit lighter, just like in the broken cream I ordered before and returned. My daughter says it is like what crayola has in slate in their big box of colors...haven't looked in one in years.

Thanks 

@SHOPR  for posting the pic because I can't.

Another thing, UPS man made me jump pulling on the storm door, he came around 1 pm; delivery is usually 7-9pm for me. I like that I could see the lantern in daylight first!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I hope Susan Matthews and the hosts for this TSV are reading our replies about the color question, so that they will be descriptive and not just say something like slate, which is actually blue.  That isn't very helpful.  

When I posted the 12" photo yesterday, I didn't realize how the different sized lanterns appeared so different in color on the online images.  I realize that they will not come to us with each size being different in color, but this goes to show just how tricky lighting can be. Take a look at how different the 12" photographed when compared to the 19" lantern:

12"

19"

Well, I received the 16" slate today.  It is definitely the shade shown in the 12" and 25" photos. Maybe a wee bit lighter, just like in the broken cream I ordered before and returned. My daughter says it is like what crayola has in slate in their big box of colors...haven't looked in one in years.

Thanks 

@SHOPR  for posting the pic because I can't.

Another thing, UPS man made me jump pulling on the storm door, he came around 1 pm; delivery is usually 7-9pm for me. I like that I could see the lantern in daylight first!

I just received my 16" in slate and I totally agree that it is the shade of the 12" which I am thrilled about. I would of sent it back if it were the other shade.  I absolutely love it.  I may have to order the 12" now that I know I like the color.  I am sure this one is going to sell out when presentation as the TSV.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I like this one at Joann's website. 

It is 13" tall and they also sell one that is 11" tall.

In The Garden 13'' Ceramic LED Lantern-Blue

@SHOPR  The top of this lantern looks like ceramic to me.  Is it or do you know?  I like it.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  The top of this lantern looks like ceramic to me.  Is it or do you know?  I like it.

@lucymo, Yes the top is ceramic and the rest looks metal. You can type in ceramic lantern on their site and see it with zoom.  No joke, I was just over at Joann.com looking at it.  They sent me a 20% off that works with sale prices, too, so I was considering it.  I think there is a code like that online, too, if you google search. 

I zoomed in and noticed that the glass panel is not even in place in the photo.  If they can't do any better than that in their photo, what are the chances of it getting to me without loose and broken panels?  I was also not liking how the metal tabs that hold the glass are so visible it seems.  Anyway, just keeping it real as I always do. I don't want to discourage you if you want to order it, but I think I've talked myself out of trying it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky and @Nomore, It's still so confusing to me, trying to imagine its true color, because the 12" photo looks more gray on my laptop than it does on my other computer or phone, where it looks a nice mixture of blue/green with a bit of gray. 

I'm glad you both love it, though. 

Thanks for updating. :-)

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Pecky and @Nomore, It's still so confusing to me, trying to imagine its true color, because the 12" photo looks more gray on my laptop than it does on my other computer or phone, where it looks a nice mixture of blue/green with a bit of gray. 

I've had my 16" in slate for about a week.  To my eye it's as you stated, a mix of blue/green with a hint of gray.  I would have named it soft teal, not slate, but it's a grayish teal.  Does that make any sense -- probably not!

I love the color.  Waiting for my 12" to arrive.  I agree with previous poster -- I'm betting the slate will sell out very quickly in all sizes.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, Yes the top is ceramic and the rest looks metal. You can type in ceramic lantern on their site and see it with zoom.  No joke, I was just over at Joann.com looking at it.  They sent me a 20% off that works with sale prices, too, so I was considering it.  I think there is a code like that online, too, if you google search. 

I zoomed in and noticed that the glass panel is not even in place in the photo.  If they can't do any better than that in their photo, what are the chances of it getting to me without loose and broken panels?  I was also not liking how the metal tabs that hold the glass are so visible it seems.  Anyway, just keeping it real as I always do. I don't want to discourage you if you want to order it, but I think I've talked myself out of trying it. 

@SHOPR  I went to the website and zoomed the lantern and yes, it is crudely made.  I'm not interested in it either now.  I'm not interested in the slate Luminara one either.  From descriptions here it isn't a color that I could use.  Sounds pretty though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CJC wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I've had my 16" in slate for about a week.  To my eye it's as you stated, a mix of blue/green with a hint of gray.  I would have named it soft teal, not slate, but it's a grayish teal.  Does that make any sense -- probably not!

I love the color.  Waiting for my 12" to arrive.  I agree with previous poster -- I'm betting the slate will sell out very quickly in all sizes.

@CJC, Thanks. It does make sense, the way you describe it.

I'm guessing that it is a more muted color as opposed to a summery neon bright color then, correct?  Anyone?

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@CJC wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm guessing that it is a more muted color as opposed to a summery neon bright color then, correct?  Anyone?

You are correct.  It is more of a muted color not bright by any means.  I'm really loving it.  I can't wait for the 12" to arrive. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@CJC wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

SHOPR, I went ahead & ordered the 16" as well in the slate based on the good news (for me!) that the slate is the hue I wanted.  I now have the 12" in ivory & slate & the 16" in slate coming to put with my coastal decor.  All show in process & can't wait to get them!