Respected Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@SHOPR  I'm going to go back and check these out again today.  I have some empty spaces in my living room that are looking kind of lonely following the taking down of Christmas decor.  I didn't get my Insider this month, so I'm not sure how I feel about the new TSV, particularly in slate.  My walls are grey, so while that color sounds ideal, I'm concerned about the blue hue people have been talking about. 

@PeterDM, The tiny photo that shows the slate choice in the Insider doesn't help much.  To me, the photo in the paper Insider shows the slate lantern to be just a tad lighter and grayer than it appears in the photo below.  I copied this photo from the advance order item itself, and then saved it on Photobucket in order to get it to show here.

This is the 12" smallest lantern.

That is fabulous!  I hope the color is exactly what I see on my iPad, but how fantastic this would be with my coastal decor.  Thanks for the teaser!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@SHOPR  I'm going to go back and check these out again today.  I have some empty spaces in my living room that are looking kind of lonely following the taking down of Christmas decor.  I didn't get my Insider this month, so I'm not sure how I feel about the new TSV, particularly in slate.  My walls are grey, so while that color sounds ideal, I'm concerned about the blue hue people have been talking about. 

@PeterDM, The tiny photo that shows the slate choice in the Insider doesn't help much.  To me, the photo in the paper Insider shows the slate lantern to be just a tad lighter and grayer than it appears in the photo below.  I copied this photo from the advance order item itself, and then saved it on Photobucket in order to get it to show here.

That is fabulous!  I hope the color is exactly what I see on my iPad, but how fantastic this would be with my coastal decor.  Thanks for the teaser!

@BornToShop  This is showing green for me.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@BornToShop  This is showing green for me.

Green???  Oh no, say it ain't so.  Maybe sea foam green?  I need the exact color I am seeing.  I hope the presentation can confirm this pic is the true color!  

Trusted Contributor

On my Macbook, the lantern looks light grey.  There is no green or blue hue.  On my iPad, it looks turqoise.  My walls are painted "chipped granite" which is basically a variation of slate, and I notice that at different times of day, and depending on how the light is cast, they sometimes look blue or greenish, and even pinkish at times.  I think there's a lot more than just black and white pigment that goes into making the various shades of grey out there. I think we'll have to wait to see the presentation.  Hopefully they'll give a detailed description.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

On my Macbook, the lantern looks light grey.  There is no green or blue hue.  On my iPad, it looks turqoise.  My walls are painted "chipped granite" which is basically a variation of slate, and I notice that at different times of day, and depending on how the light is cast, they sometimes look blue or greenish, and even pinkish at times.  I think there's a lot more than just black and white pigment that goes into making the various shades of grey out there. I think we'll have to wait to see the presentation.  Hopefully they'll give a detailed description.

@PeterDM  I found the same is true for paint.  I wanted cream, and when we opened the can, it had a green tint.  Only then was I told that cream can have all sorts of color in it, which I find crazy.  I should have said I want the color of whipping cream, I suppose, but years ago, cream was one color or so it seemed.

So interesting that the color of an object can appear totally different depending on one's computer, phone, etc.  It isn't forest or Christmas green I see, but a softer Jade green, definitely don't see grey.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@PeterDM  I found the same is true for paint.  I wanted cream, and when we opened the can, it had a green tint.  Only then was I told that cream can have all sorts of color in it, which I find crazy.  I should have said I want the color of whipping cream, I suppose, but years ago, cream was one color or so it seemed.

So interesting that the color of an object can appear totally different depending on one's computer, phone, etc.  It isn't forest or Christmas green I see, but a softer Jade green, definitely don't see grey.

@mousiegirl The color of the lantern on my iPad looks like mint soft-serve ice cream.  Cream must be one of the trickier colors to get right.  I could see how greens and yellows would be introduced as pigments to achieve various shades.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope Susan Matthews and the hosts for this TSV are reading our replies about the color question, so that they will be descriptive and not just say something like slate, which is actually blue.  That isn't very helpful.  

When I posted the 12" photo yesterday, I didn't realize how the different sized lanterns appeared so different in color on the online images.  I realize that they will not come to us with each size being different in color, but this goes to show just how tricky lighting can be. Take a look at how different the 12" photographed when compared to the 19" lantern:

12"

19"

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, and on my windows pc with a huge bright monitor, the 12" looks a light dusty teal to seafoam, while the 19" looks like light robin's egg blue, or more pure blue and less green than the other.  

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Oh, and on my windows pc with a huge bright monitor, the 12" looks a light dusty teal to seafoam, while the 19" looks like light robin's egg blue, or more pure blue and less green than the other.  

The suspense is killing me!  I so hope the 12" is the true color.  I will probably have all 3 of my TVs going plus my iPad & Mac running from room to room trying to determine the actual color.  

Esteemed Contributor

YEAH! I've been waiting for those to come back!