Respected Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

For those who ordered the Heritage Lantern in advance, just wanted to let you know that mine shipped today. I ordered the largest size in red.

Best news I've had all day!  I have the red in the 19" size.  If I like the slate & it is the right hue for me, I'll get the 19" as well.  My favorite size with this line is the 19" (don't have the 25" size).  Let me know how you like your's when you get it.  Betcha Luminara will come out with yet, no doubt a new lantern line down the road.  I have to be careful with lantern over-saturation, lol.  

@BornToShop...Just wanted to let you know that my 25" red lantern came a few days ago and it's perfect. I really will enjoy this one.

Love your news!  I also went ahead and ordered the 25" in red, love my 19" in red.  I can't wait to get my slate in the 12 & 16" in slate!  I think you & I are the "Last Of The Mohicans" when it comes to the red lantern fever a couple of years ago, lol.   

@BornToShop  I ordered the red 25" also, and an ivory and slate in 19", not sure I will like the slate.

You will love the red & ivory!  I put different scatters, shells, etc around the candle depending on the season & they look awesome!  I am on pins & needles for my slate to arrive.  The drama surrounding the hue of the slate is big but unfortunately a personal thing & to each their own!  Should get mine tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

You will love the red & ivory!  I put different scatters, shells, etc around the candle depending on the season & they look awesome!  I am on pins & needles for my slate to arrive.  The drama surrounding the hue of the slate is big but unfortunately a personal thing & to each their own!  Should get mine tomorrow.

Mine was given a shipped status overnight.  I can't wait to hear your opinion when you open your boxes.  

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Mine was given a shipped status overnight.  I can't wait to hear your opinion when you open your boxes.  

I am giddy with glee with the slate color!  I was worried it might be too bright.  I do see a subtle hint of grey giving it a soft muted tone.  I have the 16" in this & could kick myself for not getting the 19" which is sold out, darn it.  I'll keep checking my wish list to see if it comes back in stock.  Can't to see if the slate color suits you.  If not, I'll gladly take it off your hands...!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I am giddy with glee with the slate color!  I was worried it might be too bright.  I do see a subtle hint of grey giving it a soft muted tone.  I have the 16" in this & could kick myself for not getting the 19" which is sold out, darn it.  I'll keep checking my wish list to see if it comes back in stock.  Can't to see if the slate color suits you.  If not, I'll gladly take it off your hands...!

@BornToShop  How would you describe the slate color?  It may ease my worries.  Mine is on the way.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl, I have various shades of Aqua, teal, blues in my coastal decor.  There is a tendency for some of those colors to be perky & bright.  It is definitely a soft, muted & subdued hue of darker teal with that ever so slight hint of grey.  I see no blue at all in this slate color.  You'll know it the minute you open you box & see the ring & the top of the lantern; I cannot be more pleased!  Can't wait to see if you like yours!

Honored Contributor

I love all of my slate lanterns.  The color is beautiful!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mousiegirl, I have various shades of Aqua, teal, blues in my coastal decor.  There is a tendency for some of those colors to be perky & bright.  It is definitely a soft, muted & subdued hue of darker teal with that ever so slight hint of grey.  I see no blue at all in this slate color.  You'll know it the minute you open you box & see the ring & the top of the lantern; I cannot be more pleased!  Can't wait to see if you like yours!

@BornToShop, it sounds great.  I will know for sure what it's all about by tomorrow evening, once mine is delivered. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my 12" slate lantern today.  I'm well pleased with the color and quality.  Thank you to everyone who described it in such detail.  

I have this tray, which is sold as distressed green by Creative Co-op.

Here is the tray and some other items, along with the lantern, in my living room.  I am not going to use the lantern in that spot, but wanted to see how it worked with the other things while the light was coming through the windows earlier this afternoon. 

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/heritagelantern1_zpsccijiavj.jpg?t=1455922350

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I got my 12" slate lantern today.  I'm well pleased with the color and quality.  Thank you to everyone who described it in such detail.  

Here is the tray and some other items, along with the lantern, in my living room.  I am not going to use the lantern in that spot, but wanted to see how it worked with the other things while the light was coming through the windows earlier this afternoon. 

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/heritagelantern1_zpsccijiavj.jpg?t=1455922350

Omg, I hadn't been over here yet & how awesome it looks!  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR The color of the lantern looks great in your photo, thanks for posting. Smiley Happy