Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I'm so aggravated.  I ordered the 12" on Sunday to take advantage of the Easy Pay offer.  After seeing the presentation, I decided it was just too blue/green and not enough grey, so I tried to go into my account and cancel it.  It was already marked as shipped.

@PeterDM  I waited for the presentation of the slate and when I heard  the description I knew it wouldn't be a color that I want.  So sorry you couldn't cancel.  Maybe when it comes it might work with the gray walls, lighting may give it a different hue.  I hope so.

@lucymo  I am hoping the same for myself. Smiley Happy  Sometimes, once something arrives, I keep it because it looks better than online, hope so.

Valued Contributor

SHOPR, just return unopened and will not have to pay return shipping.  I do this and take to UPS for return.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I'm so aggravated.  I ordered the 12" on Sunday to take advantage of the Easy Pay offer.  After seeing the presentation, I decided it was just too blue/green and not enough grey, so I tried to go into my account and cancel it.  It was already marked as shipped.

@PeterDM  I waited for the presentation of the slate and when I heard  the description I knew it wouldn't be a color that I want.  So sorry you couldn't cancel.  Maybe when it comes it might work with the gray walls, lighting may give it a different hue.  I hope so.

@lucymo I'm hoping that you are right, and it will work out.  I'm willing to give it a shot.   If it looks out of place, I'll send it back.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Really glad that I waited to see the lantern in the 'slate' color as I would have been returning if I had ordered, just too blue for me.  I have red, white and black lanterns so looks like I will passing on these.  I like the 12" size but don't need any of the colors.  Hope everyone is pleased with theirs when they arrive.

@lucymo  If I had a long garden table, which I plan on, I would have ordered three 12" black, but didn't because what if I never get the table, lol.  I ordered the 25" red, and this morning tried to change the color of the 19" slate to cream and was not allowed to so I am really fed up with the system here.  I pasted my post in Q Talk here in a reply to Peter, if you are interested. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I know I would find a place for some of the colors but haven't ordered.  I have the 19" in red and love it on my porch.

I read your reply to @PeterDM and I agree with you that you should have been allowed to change colors or get free return shipping.  I'm going to be very selective about my ordering from here on.  Maybe the color will work for you somewhere around the house or garden.  That slate has been a real problem to many.  I think they need to find a more accurate way to name colors in all  of their products.  Some of the names of colors are so far off it's ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Really glad that I waited to see the lantern in the 'slate' color as I would have been returning if I had ordered, just too blue for me.  I have red, white and black lanterns so looks like I will passing on these.  I like the 12" size but don't need any of the colors.  Hope everyone is pleased with theirs when they arrive.

@lucymo  If I had a long garden table, which I plan on, I would have ordered three 12" black, but didn't because what if I never get the table, lol.  I ordered the 25" red, and this morning tried to change the color of the 19" slate to cream and was not allowed to so I am really fed up with the system here.  I pasted my post in Q Talk here in a reply to Peter, if you are interested. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I know I would find a place for some of the colors but haven't ordered.  I have the 19" in red and love it on my porch.

I read your reply to @PeterDM and I agree with you that you should have been allowed to change colors or get free return shipping.  I'm going to be very selective about my ordering from here on.  Maybe the color will work for you somewhere around the house or garden.  That slate has been a real problem to many.  I think they need to find a more accurate way to name colors in all  of their products.  Some of the names of colors are so far off it's ridiculous.

@lucymo They should have just called it "Seafoam" or referenced some shade of blue-green.  They are awful at naming colors. Remember the Aquaflame Candle color, "Cloud Blue?"  Because clouds are...blue?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  My guest bathroom is a beach theme, so had planned to put it there, and since we never use it unless we entertain, won't have to see it often. Smiley Happy

I agree about the color descriptions, and Dan nailed it when he described the lantern in four colors, good idea as he didn't want to mislead the description, because people have different perceptions about color so he was being safe. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo They should have just called it "Seafoam" or referenced some shade of blue-green.  They are awful at naming colors. Remember the Aquaflame Candle color, "Cloud Blue?"  Because clouds are...blue?

@PeterDM  If I see a cloud that is 'cloud blue' I'll be on my knees.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  My guest bathroom is a beach theme, so had planned to put it there, and since we never use it unless we entertain, won't have to see it often. Smiley Happy

I agree about the color descriptions, and Dan nailed it when he described the lantern in four colors, good idea as he didn't want to mislead the description, but people have different perceptions about color so he was being safe. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Lighting may work in your favor and give you a hue that will be pretty with a beach theme. I sure hope so. I hate doing returns even if I have free shipping. I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Honored Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

SHOPR, just return unopened and will not have to pay return shipping.  I do this and take to UPS for return.

@ripka junkie  I may try this. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ripka junkie wrote:

@ripka junkie  I may try this. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  That's good advice.  Just watch your account and make sure you are credited for the return.